Real estate Why Flats Are So Expensive Nowadays? Are They Worth It?

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
There are many kinds of assets people own. Many people own houses, factories, warehouses, etc. However, flats are a kind of property that can be described as a unit in a building. They can have many bedrooms, but usually flats are much smaller than houses. There are many flats in my city. However, I have noticed that flats are actually becoming so expensive that I believe that it is far much better to buy a portion (separate units in houses) instead of flats. Flats are usually packed and the ventilation of air is not possible until or unless there are many windows in flats.

I think many people in my country also try to avoid flats due to water supply problems and other issues like a lack of gas supply. Living a life in the flat might not be easy either. Many people are also concerned about privacy in the flats. Personally, I would never purchase a flat due to these reasons. What's quite worse is the fact that many builders are now building flats with extremely small rooms, so I do not think that flats are worth it. What are your opinions about flat? Please share your thoughts in the comment section. Thanks!

There are many kinds of assets people own. Many people own houses, factories, warehouses, etc. However, flats are a kind of property that can be described as a unit in a building. They can have many bedrooms, but usually flats are much smaller than houses. There are many flats in my city. However, I have noticed that flats are actually becoming so expensive that I believe that it is far much better to buy a portion (separate units in houses) instead of flats. Flats are usually packed and the ventilation of air is not possible until or unless there are many windows in flats.

I think many people in my country also try to avoid flats due to water supply problems and other issues like a lack of gas supply. Living a life in the flat might not be easy either. Many people are also concerned about privacy in the flats. Personally, I would never purchase a flat due to these reasons. What's quite worse is the fact that many builders are now building flats with extremely small rooms, so I do not think that flats are worth it. What are your opinions about flat? Please share your thoughts in the comment section. Thanks!
Hi, Good-Guy. Your post is very interesting. I totally agree with you that flats are so expensive nowadays. It seems that a lot of people are interested in buying flats nowadays that's why they are expensive. Personally, I would not buy a flat because I like to live in a house. Flats are usually small and I need more space and a garden as well. :)
I believe that flats are not worth the money. Anyway, there are flats that are not so expensive if anyone wants to buy one. Market research should be done by the buyer before the purchase.

Yes flats are becoming more expensive than ever, some days back flarts are not as expensive as it's use to be, seriously I don't really know why all this things are increasing in price, I can really say if flarts are worth the money because they are not as they ust to be, I have came across different flarts that yiu can afford to buy but for now it seems to be worse because of it's high price. But have you ever purchased a flat? any kind of flat be it 3 or 4 bedroom flat. For me I have never.

Even here in my own locality is even higher too. The reason is that, money was spent to set it up to standard. Building a well furnished and standard bed room flat nowadays cost lots of money that's why it's not everyone that is into building of any house at the moment, those who manage to do that, will set theirs at high rate base on what they've sent, which they ought to recover and make profit as well, which is the main priority of coming into such of business.

Because there are many people to buy those flats in that particular location. Housing is a necessity, and everybody wants to have a good place to live in, so people are just competing with each other to buy flats these days, thus the flat rates are so expensive. Housing prices increases faster than people's income. The area matters too, if you want to live in an area where there's already lot of competition among buyers, then the flat price will eventually be high.

I believe flats are expensive these days cause they are actually hot commodities, there are alot of persons competing to rent them and most flats today really cost alot to build them and also maintain them.

I think the reason why most of the real estate property is expensive to acquire for most people is the greediness of the real estate agents.

the government has made it mandatory for real estate agents to always collect a year advance fee from the potential client. This has reduced the amount they collect as percentage on the house rent paid to the landlord.

So they have to come up with another trick to make more money from the client. They are going to charge caution fee agreement fee as well as damage fee.

The amount of rent you are going to pay will be too exorbitant by the time you are done all this fish charged by the real estate agent.

This is one of the reason I do not like to invest on already-made property because of their design ,most of the design they are doing is for economical purposes and not really for the interests of people like most apartment will always have a smaller room like you have just said, if I am buying a property for personal use i may likely go for a property with bigger rooms and this might actually be difficult for you to see over here.. the best thing an individual has to do in terms of investment in real estate is just to buy a land and build the type of house they are interested , that is all as this will make you decide what design you would like to have.

The most popular rental place here is the condo unit. My nephew has 3 in different buildings that he rents out to tenants. He is earning good money from the rental and the value of the condo units are increasing every year. However, the cost of a condo unit is very expensive to buy especially that it needs a garage which is another cost to the buyer. I have a friend who bought 2 condo units with no parking and it's been more than a year already that his investment is stagnating. There are no tenants because of the lack of parking. Making it worse, there are no more parking slots available for sale. That left his condo units stale.