When Last Did You Encounter A Scam Investment?

Bisolami

Verified member
A lot of people have invested in some websites and they either get paid or do not get paid. I am one of the people who have mostly invested in scam websites. I hardly get paid from Investments websites and that is why I have made up my mind to stop investing online. It has been a while since I invested money online and I think it is up to two years now because I do not think I can risk my money online anymore. Most of the Investment sites that I know are always scamming people so it is just better to stay away from them.

The last time I got scammed by an investment platform is when a friend invited me to invest in a platform and told me that I was going to get paid. I had to invest with all the money I had and I was thinking that I was going to get my money back but it did not go as planned. I invested so much money that I could not recover the amount money on time so I just promised myself to stop investing online.

What about you?
When last did you come across an investment website?

Chibson1

Valued Contributor
Last year, I have actually come across a whole lot of scam investment in the past and I have lost money in so many of them. Last year I actually invested in a Ponzi scheme and I was fully aware that it is a Ponzi scheme.

They asked people to invest about $5 and get $1 every single day from their investment. And was able to withdraw $4 but when I wanted to request for withdrawal on the 5th day they refused to pay me.

The increased the minimum withdrawal and when I still reached the new withdrawal threshold they never agreed to pay again.

AlexBreengs

It's understandable that you've had negative experiences with online investment sites and have chosen to stop investing online. Unfortunately, there are many fraudulent websites out there that claim to offer legitimate investment opportunities but are actually scams designed to steal people's money.

If you do decide to invest online in the future, it's important to do your due diligence and thoroughly research any investment opportunity before committing your money. Look for reputable and established investment sites, check online reviews and testimonials, and don't be swayed by promises of high returns with little risk.

It's also a good idea to only invest money that you can afford to lose and to have a diverse investment portfolio that includes a mix of low and high-risk investments. By taking these precautions, you can help reduce the risk of falling victim to investment scams and protect your financial well-being.