What Was Your First Error At The Start Of Working Online?

Kendy

Verified member
Working online has never been quite easy. We have many individuals here who are working online in a full-time basis while others are on a part-time basis. Some individuals have worked on this online ecosystem for more than ten (10) years, while others less or even struggling to work successfully for even a month. As novices, there are certain mistakes or errors we tend to encounter at the start when working online. There are various reasons whereby a user could be banned permanently even without having the opportunity to cash out. There are some sites which are restricted to particular geographical locations but due to desperation and the economic recessions, people would want to boycott the rules by adopting the use of VPN,s, while some might be lucky, others do get caught sooner or later and most often when they have worked so hard already. There are others who just rush to a site without carefully reading through the rules and regulations inorder to know the do's and dont's. The first place they tend to look out for on FAQs is the payment method and minimum withdrawal threshold, which makes them deviate from the guiding rules. Share the first or common mistake you made on a site and the consequences, if any.

TOZZIBLINKZ

VIP Contributor
When I was new in the act of making money online or when I was an online money making newbie . I fell into a couple of mistakes and errors whose experience with disappointing , remorseful and , devastating . During the year 2018 a friend of mine introduced me to a Ponzi scheme website . Initially I did not even know what a Ponzi scheme website was all my goals and aim was to invest and get my money doubled or tripled . According to him he said the website was legit , paying and the minimum investment is just 5,000 naira which within some couples of days and weeks could be doubled into 20,000 to 30,000 naira .

On hearing this from him I thought this was a very good investment opportunity and since I am about to graduate from school that year 2018 . I will definitely much need money to flex and chill and also probably prepare for my graduation which was in some couple of weeks . To cut the long story short I invested my money , but trust me I got scammed . And even though I tried to get my money refunded back to me . My plea completely fell on deaf ears , I never want to face that experience never again .

Bookwormlux

Valued Contributor
The first mistake that I did at that time was thinking it was going to be a very easy right and there are opportunities to make cool money without putting in much effort .

Unfortunately for me , I learnt through the hard way that for me to be able to make the kind of money I'm thinking about online, I have to dedicate as much time as possible so that I will learn everything expected of me .

This is a major reason why I am always trying to see that I do not get to fall for any platform anymore that is making people believe that they can easily make good money without putting in much effort .

My beginner mistakes make me to fall for different scam websites at that time , that we are not paying ,but I did not get to notice because I let greed to blind my thinking process .

It is actually funny for me these days whenever I see people who are having this kind of mentality, and they always believe that it is going to end well for them, only to realise that the platforms are complex scams .

Making money online requires due diligence research .

Rachael

Verified member
The first mistake I made in making money online is the way I positioned my mindset. I was so optimistic or rightly put, I was so over-confident and this made me loose a lot of funds in Ponzi schemes and Hyip sites. I was framed to believe that I could become a millionaire overnight with literally doing nothing but invest and get my returns within 24 or 48 hours interval. I had invested on up to five sites at the same time, the intention was to cash out from them all at the same time but I realized that I was only living in a world of illusion. It is good to have an optimistic and positive mindset, when when it becomes excessive, it becomes a barrier.

I realized that working either offline or online required some level of hard work and I also discovered that those fraudsters are actually doing a hard work themselves because it is not easy to convince someone beyond every reasonable doubt to invest and the person agrees to, it shows some level of illegal hard work as well. I had to tighten my belts and get back to my drawing board to set the records straight.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
As I can remember some of the mistakes I did then when I was interested and eager to make money online was that I was actually paying my money to most of this dubious website that promise that if I paid money to them I'll be able to earn in their platform buy watching of videos and engaging in other activities.

Most of them were not really trusted and as a result I was not earning as they promised me and some of them will even crash and ever since then I started looking for opportunities to make money online in any platform that won't ask for payment before I start.

Another possible mistake I did as I can remember is having to invest my money in cryptocurrency for the main purpose of trading for profit when I didn't even understand what cryptocurrency is all about. Well it's someone that really introduce me into cryptocurrency that makes it seems easy as if it is something I can start earning immediately without having to go through the learning process. I had only believe what my mental was saying and I started trading but I lost so much money then that I do not want to trade anymore.

Shaf

Verified member
My first mistake when i decided to start hustling online was not focusing on one source that worked for me well.

When you want to start and you browse for answers, most of the have no less than 10 ways to earn money suggested, infact some as much as 200. This can make you overwhelmed if you have never done such work, so you try one of two and it doesn't work, you quit and move to the next one.

That was me. I tried blogging, I tried paid surveys, gave a half-hearted attempt at freelancing, tried to look for writing gigs and many more.

I lacked the necessary skills to excel in one field and was so desperate to earn money I never cared to learn. It would be great if such sites include the necessary skills needed to succeed in earn hustle also.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
The fact is that anyone who is currently making money on the internet today actually made some mistakes at the start but what really matters is your ability to realise his mistake early and correct them.

When I developed interest for making money on the internet I actually ventured into several scam platforms that promised me to sign up and make a whole lot of money. At the beginning I didn't invest in any of them but the only thing I did was to invest my time and data.

After some time I realise that it was all fake promises and I started asking people how to make money online especially my friends. Around 2016 or 2017 a friend of mine introduced me to a Ponzi scheme that promises to pay you when you refer people or share their news on social media platforms. I invested some amount of money on the platform but I was not able to cash out any money at the end of the day.

They actually run away with my money and the whole lot of others. That was probably when I realised that to make money on the internet is not really that easy and there are a lot of scammers on the internet.