What is the damages that Alcohol can cause to the body?

Mataracy

VIP Contributor
The term alcoholic is used to describe a person who has become a serious health problem.

Alcoholism has become a serious health problem. Its onset is gradual and leads to a disintegration of the personality and of the physical health.

Alcoholic is the basis of wine,beer and spirits. Taken in moderation, with a meal, or in the company of friends, it can be regarded as one of the pleasure of life. But as with any drug, there are dangers as well as advantages associated with alcohol.This is the basis of the breathalyser test used by the political in motorists suspected of driving while under the influence of drink.

Alcohol can also be measured in the blood.
Alcohol is rapidly absorbed from the stomach and intestine and soon appears in the blood. As the blood circulates through the lungs,alcohol diffuses in to the air in the alveoli.

The higher the concentration of alcohol in the blood,the higher the concentration in the breath.This is the basis of the breathalyser test used by police in motorists suspected of driving while under the influence of drink.
Alcohol can also be measured in the blood. It is metabolised (broken down) by the liver so that after 6to8 hours none can be detected in the blood or breath.
Apart from the pleasures to the palate,the main social reason for drinking isvrhat it removes inhibitions of shyness and restraint,so enabling conversation to flow more easily.

But judgment and prudence are also diminished as are technical skills demanding accuracy and co-ordnation. This is particularly dangerous when driving a car, and it has been abundantly demonstrated that even a moderate intake of alcohol can diminish critically the driver's ability to deal with the unexpected.
Alcohol can destroy liver and this can easily lead to death of some one.
What damages can alcohol caus caused to the body? Your idea is welcome.

A K Rao

There are many effects on the body because of excessive alcoholism:
1.The heart, liver, and digestive system get to effect.
2. The nervous system gets affected.
3.There can be sexual dysfunction including infertility.
4.There can be birth defects seen in the embryo in case of excessive alcoholism.
5.There can be thinning of bones.
6. There can be diabetes and the associated complications

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
A neighbor is sick of liver cancer and fortunately he is still alive after 3 years. I think the cancer is not in the worse stage yet although now he is having difficulty in sleeping and there are intermittent pains. Fortunately I seldom imbibe alcoholic drinks so I guess I am safe from the liver issue of alcoholic drinks. I also eat vegetables as often as I could. That is good for the liver.

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
I think alcohol consumption can be very bad to body especially the internal organs. Too much alcohol consumption may result to having liver problems which may lead to death if not taken care off.

I do drink before but not too much, but I noticed that any time I drank alcohol, I feel heat kind of, so I realized it's not my thing. I don't know if it makes people to sweat but that's what it does to me.

Sammyesx

People take alcohol for one reason or the other, for most it is due cerebration and ceremonial activities, alcohol in itself it not that harmful unless if taking in large quantities. It becomes a problem when a person becomes an alcoholic and on the long run it will affect the organ of such person.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
The kidney most especially play an important factors in purifying the body ,The liver also play an important factors in regulating the fluid contains in the body... Alcohol generally is dangerous to the body and the Kidney have to work very hard to make sure that they are converted to substance that wouldn't be dangerous to the body before they are allowed to pass through into the body system During the conversion process a lot of damage will be done to the liver and the kidney.... This can prevent the kidney from working properly and converting alcohol properly to harmless substances thereby making an alcohol to enter directly into the blood stream, it can lead into a lot of problems such as drunkenness, lack of coordination and slow damage to the brain cells, we will also notice a continuous reduction in weight and energy

kayode10

VIP Contributor
Alcohol intake affect us in various ways. It is easy to get in toxicated with alcohol. People tend to misbehave when they become intoxicated with alcohol. People do all sorts of unnecessary things after getting intoxicated by alcohol intake. I have someone who sleep in the drainage overnight after taking alcohol from the nightclub.

Empress

Verified member
Alchol is very bad for the health it is better to just abstain from it than to even think of drinking little because it doesn't add any benefit to the health it only complicate things more in our health it is just like smoking that doesn't have any benefit as we

Kola

Verified member
Alcohol is one of the baddest Common among our elders.its better to stop drinking it because bit by bit a person is slowly dieing and the person might not know.if you have anyone drinking alcohol tell them to stop because it can kill and it also give the mouth bad breath and smell