What is a Good Salary

Mika

VIP Contributor
When I had a job, I was receiving a good salary. I was not only able to pay my bills but also save money as well as invest money.

There are a lot of factors that determine what a good salary is, however, it mostly depend on your lifestyle and living costs. If you can save at least 20 percent of income after covering all expenses, including loan repayments, can be considered a good salary. For example, if you are earning $1000, and you can pay your entire bill with $800 and can save $200, it can be considered a reasonable income.

Do you earn a good salary?

Nite

Valued Contributor
It sounds like you were managing your money well and were able to have a comfortable lifestyle while also saving and investing. It is important to consider your personal expenses and financial goals when determining what a good salary is for you. Saving at least 20% of your income is a good strategy for building financial stability. Your example of earning $1000 and being able to save $200 while covering all bills with $800 is sure a reasonable income.

Suba

Staff member
Each position/position in the company will have a different standard salary, the salary amount will generally be adjusted to living needs, consumer price index, etc. So a good salary is the salary you receive above the average salary for a position/position in a region or region. For example, if the average salary of a secretary in your city is $1000 then if your salary as a secretary is above $1000 it will be considered that you are receiving a good salary. Meanwhile, your content explains how to manage money which is very different from a good salary for everyone.