Business Ideas What Do You Think About Running A School: Lucrative Or Not?

Kendy

Verified member
Running a school could be a feasible business idea to those who studied education as a field in their specialization. I noticed that presently, people who are not qualified in the educational field are owning schools and operating them almost successfully, although this should not be so because they teaching or educational profession is now being abused.

I'm an educationist who is still undergoing my educational activities and I know some administrative and management duties on how to successfully run a school. However, I think of the initial expenses to be incurred daily to achieve this dream which is a part of my long term goals as I have some in-depth although relative knowledge on how to operate.

I would like to know your ideas and other specifications I could need to run a standard school.

Establishing or running a school is an expensive business ideas but it could be done if follow the right strategy. There are a lot of schools in West Africa to be precise Nigeria, so to make your school stand out you have to look beyond making profit but rather impacting knowledge to the children and youths in your care. Also to run or establish a school you must and have to do some necessary registration, yes just cool must be registered under the Federal government as well as under the various ministers of education to gain recognizability, and enjoy the prestige that comes with being registered. here in West Africa most schools are not registered and as a result they suffer poor reputation and also low prestige.

Another thing to focus on when trying to establish or run a school facility is to know the kind of cheetahs that you employ, a lot of college of education, schools , knowledge centres, do not take this advice very serious and as a result their employ wrong set of tutors, teachers ,mentors etc. Which will not teach the students things that will help them to improve their lives in the future based on expert that concern the economy like agriculture etc.

I have an uncle who built his own school which is presently being handled by his son as the principal. It is a high school that has quite a big population of students even if it is located in a suburban town (now the location has been converted into a city). My uncle said that most big schools in our country are established by wealthy owners. If you do not have enough money then don't operate a school because you might just lose your capital in the end. Fortunately for my uncle his school is earning but not really considered as profitable. His advice is always against a school unless you have the huge capital and not expecting a profit within 5 years. Gee, that is a tall order for a newbie in the education system to operate a school for a business.

These days, the wealthy seem to be the ones setting up good educational institutions, employing the best teachers (because they are capable of paying them) and graduating intellectuals.

Setting up a school is not an easy thing to do. I have worked as a teacher in a secondary school, I got to find out that the school has been standing for twenty years, despite the fact that the school's owner is experienced in the educational field, met all requirements for registration, and produced so many graduates over the years, still, I would not say that the school can beat some top schools established in the last five years.

Why?
Teachers keep coming and going because of the low pay, parents keep complaining of every slight increase in school fees, and structural development takes place quite slowly.

Now, the business of establishing a school might be lucrative for some and not for others. Factors like target audience, personality of founder, location of the school tends to be huge players in this court.