Weird Business names

greatguy1

A business name is an identity given to a business. It is what makes the brand identifiable to the public. Getting a business name requires no special skill but just some outstanding words, catchy phrases or name mixtures. Sometimes, certain factors also determine business naming other times it could become weird when business men decide to give weird names to their businesses.
In my part of the world, business become creative when naming their businesses like a typical igbo businessman would add his name and affix 'and sons' to it. Some others would take their names and add their wife's name or children name to it. A perfect example is Brila FM and Coscharis.
Our particular concern is weird business names. What are those weird business names you have come across?

Augusta

VIP Contributor
I totally agree with you that a business need to have a catchy name so as to invite or drive people to the business. In some cases I think it should be short and meaningful too so that people can easily remember and can easily describe it when the need arises.

Haypril

What you have stated above is nothing but the truth. In the past, I've written an article that has tons with business names because I believe naming a business has a vital role to play in the success of any business plan. A business plan should have a nice catchy name, a name that literally interpret it self, a name that customers wont have cause to ask what the business is all about.

D

Deleted member 28873

A business name has to have a catchy name.It is more like the brand name of the business.In selecting a business name one have to sit back and think. your business name has to be related to what one do for example if you selling Samsung accessories. you could name it" Best samsung accessories store".If you selling biscuit or provision it would be advisable to reference it to your products.you can't go about naming your business in reference to what you not offering.It is greatly advised to create your business name in reference to what product you ready to offer to the public.. A business plan should have a nice catchy name, a name that literally interpret it self.

Teatea

I can't even remember all, some were even difficult to pronounce. Most entrepreneurs make this mistake a lot, they love to name their business their names which is not necessary. A business name should be short, simple, clear, concise and easily pronounced. Your business name should give people a hint about what the business is all about. Some people would even include the names of all the children in the house.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Business is not to be toyed with. I don't think there will be a serious business man that won't be careful when it comes to choosing his business name. They know you through your business name. And the moment you give a business a funny or bad name, it means you have demarketed the business already

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
There is a restaurant that I saw in the mall with a business name that means ear disease in our language. Obviously the restaurant serves foreign food. It makes me wonder why no one had advised the owner of the bad name of the business. After some years that restaurant closed shop. My take was the bad business name.

pefij59433

A business name is an identity given to a business. It is what makes the brand identifiable to the public. Getting a business name requires no special skill but just some outstanding words, catchy phrases or name mixtures. Sometimes, certain factors also determine business naming other times it could become weird when business men decide to give weird names to their businesses names https://coolnamesfinder.com/crystal-business-names/In my part of the world, business become creative when naming their businesses like a typical igbo businessman would add his name and affix 'and sons' to it. Some others would take their names and add their wife's name or children name to it. A perfect example is Brila FM and Coscharis.
Our particular concern is weird business names. What are those weird business names you have come across?
I completely concur that a company needs a memorable name to entice customers or otherwise draw them to the establishment. In some circumstances, I believe it should be concise and significant as well so that individuals can quickly recall and accurately express it if necessary.

Last edited: