Tips to avoid online fraud

allison001

Verified member
Every year, millions of citizen fall victim to cybercrime.what are the ways to avoid some of these?

1. Keep your computers and mobile devices up-to-date. Having a latest security software, web browser and operating system are the best defences against viruses, malware and other online threats. Turn on automatic updates so you can receive the newest fixings as they become available.

2. Sitting in strong password is also another tip. A strong password is at least 8 characters in length and includes a mix of upper and lowercase letters, numbers and special characters

3.watch out for phishing scams.phishing scams use fraudulent emails and website to trick users into disclosing private account or login information.Avoid clicking on links or open any attachments or pop-up screen from sources you are not familiar with.

4.Keep personal information personal.Hackers can use social media profiles to figure out your password and answer those security questions in the password reset tools,What are we to do to avoid this?lock down your privacy settings and avoid postings things like birthdays, addresses, mother's maiden name,etc.

5.Secure your internet connection.Always protect your home wireless network with a password.

Any other ideas or tips of avoiding scM? please enlighten us,so as to fight against this.

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
I have always believed that there are various ways you could protect yourself from online fraud. First of all, try to check the domain name again and again before entering any kind of sensitive information online. This is because there are various kinds of phishing sites that look like original website. When you enter information on such sites, you expose your confidential information and your account might get hacked. Secondly, it is always necessary to activate the two-factor authentication in order to keep your online information more secure. I have used several cryptocurrency exchanges and what I like about them is the fact that they use various methods to make sure your account remains safe. A few exchanges even send SMS verification and email verification to make sure that the authorized person is trying to access the account. It is always better to remain safe than sorry, as they say!

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Please we really have to take all these things very serious because there are so many hackers available and they are also looking for the best and the most possible way to hack your Gmail and other important information about you..

My only advice to people is that if you are a cryptocurrency investor and you have an email that is linked to your crypto wallet you should not expose the email unnecessarily on other sites but it should be mainly for crypto stuff , because exposing the email to a lot of online communities that are filled with thousands of people may be risky since you don't really know the most trusted people among these thousands of people

And another thing is that I do not click unnecessary Link on my email or unknown link that is sent to me by someone I don't know on WhatsApp or Facebook because all these things are way scammers have been using to scam people and hack into a person's wallet..

Most importantly your cryptocurrency wallet and trusted crypto exchanges and other online account of yours may have strong security system such as the two factors verification , this should always be unable as it will help prevent your account from being hack.

Mataracy

VIP Contributor
Please we really have to take all these things very serious because there are so many hackers available and they are also looking for the best and the most possible way to hack your Gmail and other important information about you..

My only advice to people is that if you are a cryptocurrency investor and you have an email that is linked to your crypto wallet you should not expose the email unnecessarily on other sites but it should be mainly for crypto stuff , because exposing the email to a lot of online communities that are filled with thousands of people may be risky since you don't really know the most trusted people among these thousands of people

And another thing is that I do not click unnecessary Link on my email or unknown link that is sent to me by someone I don't know on WhatsApp or Facebook because all these things are way scammers have been using to scam people and hack into a person's wallet..

Most importantly your cryptocurrency wallet and trusted crypto exchanges and other online account of yours may have strong security system such as the two factors verification , this should always be unable as it will help prevent your account from being hack.
Thank you for this idea that one should not expose the email use for cryptocurrecy to do any others r things so that they will not fraud through it.
One should be careful of the site that they will be joining because there are some site that only use that as an avenue to defrauding people.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Thank you for this idea that one should not expose the email use for cryptocurrecy to do any others r things so that they will not fraud through it.
One should be careful of the site that they will be joining because there are some site that only use that as an avenue to defrauding people.
Yes it is very important that we take all these things into consideration because a lot of people have invested so much in the crypto-currency which they believe will be profitable in the future For them.

Well this is a nice plan but it is also very important for us to take all the safety measure seriously because this will help us to prevent our wallets from being hack..

I am a cryptocurrency investors and I have make sure I enable all the security features in my crypto wallet because it is very important..

There are a lot of scammers who are parading themselves as helpers in the cryptospace , if you give them any opportunity they might used it against you by hacking into your wallet and every other things and important information about you.. Generally I cannot withstand a situation in which my cryptocurrency wallet is hack just because of little mistake.. it will not be a funny experience that is why it is the best that we should try to avoid it at all cost because some of us have invested heavily and we wouldn't want to lose any of our cryptocurrency to undeserved hackers.