What Are Some Good Tips To Avoid Scam Sites?

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
Making money online is something many people are doing right now. I remember that when the pandemic caused many people to lose their jobs, many people turned to making money online and this is why the industry of online money making websites flourished a lot. Unfortunately, this also gave many scammers to scam many people because many people were looking to make some quick money and they also invested money in many pyramid schemes that eventually turned into scams. I think the best way to avoid such kind of scam sites is to look for signs.

If a website demands you to pay money before you could get a job, then most likely it is not genuine. Secondly, we must also consider the fact that for how long a website has been online. We must also check for many different online reviews, but never blindly trust them as they could be faked. Unfortunately, it is really hard to spot such kind of fake websites because nowadays even scammers could make a professional website. This is why I only work for reputable websites because such websites never scam anyone. What are your tips to avoid scam websites? Please share your tips. Thanks!

Jamoflondon

Verified member
In my own opinion, one of the ways that people usually fall for scam online is the fact that they want to get good things that are worth to be expensive in a cheap amount which happens to be one of the techniques that the fraudsters on the internet do use to lure people into getting scammed. There was a time when my cousin fell a victim of scam online. He was trying to buy a computer system that was originally supposed to be sold with the price of one hundred and fifty thousand naira at sixty thousand naira which really got him so attracted to buying it. Unfortunately, he has paid before he could realize that he has been duped.

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
It's even difficult these days to differentiate between legit sites and scam sites. Most scam sites these days do their sites very well to look as if they legit. I think that's where people fall victim of these scam sites because of the way those sites built.

But what I do always to know sites that are scam, is to make several Google searches and read through people's comments to know if the site okay or not. And sometimes I check Trustpilot to check people's comments. Though, most times people are paid to write good reviews about a scam app or sites on Trustpilot.So I don't just think there is a special way to know a site that's a scam.

Richee84

As an online business person, we must always be guided all time and know fully well that scammer are also online looking for people to scam. They always come out with a very good offer that will tempt one to fall for them but most at time all the most greedy ones fall for them because they want to make quick money. Though there are good online business that we can make money from but we all still have to be careful not to fall a victim to them. The scammers always took advantage of the hard living conditions in the country and the need for people to get quick money to survive.

goodmoneygoodlife

1. Bad grammar or bad English is a red flag.
2. Conflict of interest. Is someone saying they made millions of dollars doing e-commerce, yet they're trying to sell you a course for $2500? That makes no sense. They've got money already; why do they need to sell a course for $2500 instead of, say, $1?
3. Your gut feel. If you think something's a scam, it probably is.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Thank you for sharing , everyone should have this in their fingertip because this will really help them to understand when some website seems to be suspicious so that they won't lose their money ignorantly..
For me I am always so sceptical when thinking of making money from website I don't really know , in a situation that I found a website which I can be able to make money I have to run a serious research to understand how it's really work before I can make an attempt to make anything from it because no one will like to waste their time then at the end of the day you are not being paid what you really work for...

Proper research is very important as it will be like a guiding step for you to understand their mode of operation based on other people's experience or from what do you read on the internet..

The most important thing is when they ask you to pay to get a job , you really have to be careful of that because 90% of website that asks you to do this are not likely to succeed.. and do not invest in any platform online to be on the saver side.

E

eldavis

Most times people tend to fall for scam sites out of greed, we see an offer that is just too good to be true, and instead of making proper research about it, we just rush into it and start pumping in our capital and time. Before investing in any platform online, make sure you have made proper research about it, how long has the site been operating? Find out the other members on the site, ask them their personal experience within the site and see if anyone has been paid, no matter how tempting the offers might be, always make sure you make research before Investing and make sure you invest what you are okay with loosing.

Mellorando

Banned
Nothing is as painful as being committed to work in a site just to end up not getting paid, in case you're wondering what scam site are, well scamwebsites are any illegitimate internet websites used to deceive users into fraud or malicious attacks. Scammers abuse the anonymity of the internet to mask their true identity and intentions behind various disguises. These can include false security alerts, giveaways, and other deceptive formats to give the impression of legitimacy. Although the internet has numerous useful purposes, not everything on the web is what it seems. Among the millions of legitimate websites vying for attention are websites set up for an array of nefarious purposes. These websites attempt anything from perpetrating identity theft to credit card fraud.
Scam websites work in a wide variety of ways, from publishing misleading information to promising wild rewards in a financial exchange. The end goal is almost always the same: to get you to relinquish your personal or financial information. A website of this nature may be a standalone website, popups, or unauthorized overlays on legitimate websites via clickjacking. Regardless of presentation, these sites work methodically to attract and misguide users.

How to identify fake websites
Fortunately, there are several simple ways to protect yourself from scam websites to ensure your family and your wallet stay safe as you navigate the World Wide Web.
By following the tips below, you can better protect against these threats:

1. Emotional language: Does the website speak in a way that may heighten your emotions? Proceed with caution if you feel an elevated level of urgency, optimism, or fear.

2. Poor design quality: It may sound a little obvious but look closely at how a site is designed. Does it have the type of design skill and visual quality you would expect from a legitimate website? Low-resolution images and odd layouts can be a warning sign of a scam.

3. Odd grammar: Look for things like spelling mistakes, broken or stilted English, or really obvious grammar errors, such as the incorrect use of plural and singular words.

4. Absence of identifying web pages: Additionally, a proper business website should have basic pages, such as a "Contact Us" page and an "About Us" page. If you're uncertain, give the business a call. If the number is a mobile phone or the call isn't answered, be on guard. If a business seems to want to avoid verbal contact, there's probably a reason.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
Good points. there are several scam platforms on the internet and if you're already not very careful we are going to for a victim to their unscrupulous ways on the internet. there are a lot of things I always do whenever I want to venture into any platform to conclude whether they are legitimate or not. One of them is either offering something that is too good to be true. imagine coming to a platform and they are telling you that you should register and they will give you about $50 immediately. Of course this kind of promises is too good to be true and you cannot really be able to withdraw such amount of money but we will lose out on the long run. Another thing are used to identify scam platform is using trustpilot or other scam checking platforms like scamadviser. I always read reviews from this kind of platforms and when I am satisfied with what I am looking for I make my final conclusion. it is always very much important to check the age of the website because new websites that promises a whole lot of things tends to be scam on the long run but not really all.