Business Ideas Three Platforms That You Can Use to Build Your Print on Demand Business

Mika

VIP Contributor
Fine Art America: This is a platform for digital artists. If you are a photographer or a graphic designer, you can take pictures and also create digital art and sell the art and photograph not just as prints, canvas, or posters but even as print on demand products such as pillow covers, mobile phone covers, tote bags, T-shirts, etc.

Printify: Printify is one of the largest global print-on-demand networks. There are over 500K merchants on Printify. This platform is 100 percent free, you can create 300 plus custom products. You can connect your printify account with ebay, wix, etsy, shopify, woocommerce, etc. How do you actually make money on the site? Well, you create a product, list it through your store, buyers will order from your store, you pay some of the money to printify and keep the commission. For example, you sell a product for $30 but you pay only $15 to printify.

Printful: Printful is another platform for print-on-demand business. They sell over 1 million products every month. You create the products, sell through your website, and printful will fulfill your order by creating the product. The difference between your cost price (price on printiful) and selling price (the price of your product on your store) is your profit. You can create T-shirts, tanks, hoodies, sweatshirts, mugs, etc.

I don't know Printful, never heard of this print on demand service. However, I have used fine art America and Printify to create print on demand products. I have not been able to sell a lot of stuffs through print on demand service but I have made a couple of sales. It you are good at marketing and if you create unique products, you can easily make money through these services.

This print-on-demand business idea is worth sharing. My uncle is a silkscreen artist and his main source of livelihood is t-shirt printing. Sales have gone down lately because of the pandemic. People are prioritizing the essential things in life and many are staying home anyway so the demand for custom printed t-shirts has gone down. In addition, he is now competing with heat press printing and computer printed designs. He doesn't really have the resources to buy equipment and compete but he is a very creative person who has plenty of designs in mind. This print-on-demand idea is quite feasible for him. He can make passive income out of his designs. However, we also have to consider the cost of such a service. Is it going to make t-shirt prices unaffordable to our market? Or do we need to sell them to a different market that can afford them?

This print-on-demand business idea is worth sharing. My uncle is a silkscreen artist and his main source of livelihood is t-shirt printing. Sales have gone down lately because of the pandemic. People are prioritizing the essential things in life and many are staying home anyway so the demand for custom printed t-shirts has gone down. In addition, he is now competing with heat press printing and computer printed designs. He doesn't really have the resources to buy equipment and compete but he is a very creative person who has plenty of designs in mind. This print-on-demand idea is quite feasible for him. He can make passive income out of his designs. However, we also have to consider the cost of such a service. Is it going to make t-shirt prices unaffordable to our market? Or do we need to sell them to a different market that can afford them?

I have used Printify to design my T-shirts, hoodies, caps, bags, blankets, towels, mugs etc.. I sell these merchandise that I designed with printfy for free through etsy and my own website. I did a quick research on Printful and this also looks interesting, however, I am yet to try my hands. By the way, you do not have to set up a screen printing business to design t-shirts and other items. IN fact if you set up a screen print business it can cost you a lot of money to get started. I suggest you try service like printify or printful.