The Suffering from Nasal Congestion.

raaman

Valued Contributor
The Suffering from Nasal Congestion.

Dealing with a stuffy nose can be very annoying, especially if the symptoms persist for several days. And, although nasal congestion is much more common during the winter months due to the high incidence of viral infections, it is a problem that can appear throughout the year at any time.

Nasal congestion can be described as an uncomfortable feeling of having a stuffy nose. It occurs, among other causes, when the nasal mucosa becomes inflamed. An acutely stuffed nose is usually harmless and goes away in a few days, although it is a source of irritation and discomfort for both children and adults.

When our nose is congested, we may have difficulty in breathing. It is because the inflammation of the nostrils restricts the flow of air. In addition, it also makes it more difficult to remove extra mucus from the nose, so a build-up of mucus can also occur.

The feeling of congestion may also be accompanied by other symptoms such as constant dripping of watery secretions, pain or tenderness in the sinuses, and headache. These symptoms can sometimes make it difficult to perform routine tasks and generally make us feel more tired and compel us to take a rest.

Jasz

VIP Contributor
Nasal congestion is one of the most common ailments, and can be an uncomfortable side effect of allergies, colds, and sinus infections. Symptoms include: stuffiness, runny nose, and usually a headache.

Persistent nasal congestion is a common condition, affecting millions of people annually. It is characterized by the presence of chronically swollen membranes in the nasal passages that lead to a wide range of symptoms, including headaches, difficulty breathing, constant sneezing, and feelings of fatigue. The severity of these symptoms can vary from barely noticeable to debilitating. While there are a number of commons remedies for dealing with the effects of nasal congestion, many people find them to be ineffective or simply intolerable.

There are many home remedies for nasal congestion, including hot showers or steam baths, nasal sprays to unclog your sinuses, hot or cold compresses on your forehead or in your nostrils, and even herbal tea. But the best home remedy for nasal congestion is to find a good decongestant.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
I can't remember the last time that I had a cold or a flu because I may be good in avoiding people with such health issues. Anyway, my problem with nasal congestion is about the dry throat. When I could not breathe through my nose then I would breath through my mouth that will cause my throat to dry. The worst issue is when I would fall asleep on my right side. That would make my nose clogged and I would be breathing through my mouth. In an hour or so I would wake up with a dry throat and I had to drink water otherwise it would be painful. There was a time that there was blood in my mouth because of dry throat and it scared me. Now I am trying to learn how to sleep on my back because at least that is okay with my breathing. The best position for me is to sleep on my left side.