The idea of being self-employed.

TOZZIBLINKZ

VIP Contributor
The the idea of being self-employed comes into people's mind as a result of seeking various ways to earn money without having to work for anyone , individuals today are becoming wiser than before and presently they prefer to be their own boss rather than living under the shadow or arms of anyone in order to make money or earn a positive living . By explanation , self-employment is the act of generating ones income directly from customers client or other organisations as opposed to being an employee of a business .

Being a self-employed business owner is considered to be challenging especially in developing country like Nigeria where there is irregular supply of power , water , and other public utilities required for a conducive environment for starting your own personal business on a small scale or large scale . In order to avoid challenges like this , majority of people prefer the security of working under someone who is an employer whether in a private company or a public company to end a living they do this because the financial regular salary is guaranteed as long as the employer is active and Enterprise is a lucrative one . But that doesn't mean that being self-employed is all about problems there are lot of advantages of being self-employed but yet if you consider to be self-employed business owner you must consider the pros and cons in running a self-employed business to know whether it suits your personality and taste .

moonchild

VIP Contributor
Some self employed business owners are better off becoming employees, because their businesses are more routine than business, most of them spend their day at their respective business centers, but at the end of the day they won't make much sales to even take care of their own needs talk less of family if they have one.

Self employment is really important for individuals if done well and out of understanding, creating a business has principles it's not what you just jump into and if over time your business profits becomes linear that is there is no any hope for massive growth then the owner is better off finding a better paying job.

Most of the provision owners I see around are just using the self employed title to boost their ego, but they are not making any profits, so they even get to predict their daily profits and the business will just be like a routine, where they just open in the morning and close in the evening no any grind or Hustle.

Self employment should be daring and full of grind, you should be putting in hours everyday and make sure you're targeting a juicy exit or massives userrs

Kendy

Verified member
The decision of becoming self-employed comes with a lot of responsibilities. There are some countries where being self-employed is much more easier and productive considering the fact that the government has made the environment or society feasible enough, in that, citizens can easily start up something for themselves without grumbling whereas in most lower-tier countries, the authorities have not created an enabling environment which can foster economic development and help their citizens in setting up their goals. Becoming self-employed is not an easy feat, it comes with a lot of challenges which can be within or beyond our control.

Considering the upsurge of the covid-19 pandemic, it was evident that most self-employed people especially offline were left in a devastated point because they had failed to have a back-up plan and also because the challenges was beyond their control there is no self-employed individual or entrepreneur who has not encountered similar challenges or the other in the course of the journey. When you decide to become self-employed, you should know that whatever risk or whatever challenges will be borne by you alone and in order to avoid some of these risks, you have to set proactive plans ahead and work in line.

Rachael

Verified member
The idea of becoming self-employed comes with a whole level of determination. Due to the experience I had when I saw my parents struggling and working under superiors in order to make ends meet, I had decided that I would not work under anyone and this had become my reality after so much challenges. Prior to this time, I had worked for many organizations, which at the end of the day, I am either not paid my full salary or there would be no payment at all. I have encountered so much ups and downs and I decided that perhaps the time to step up my game is now, which led me into operating a janitorial service, where I am engaged with all types of cleaning and even industrial cleaning.

The challenges that comes with being self-employed is a whole new dimension and I do not even know whether working for someone or being a self-boss, which is less challenging, this is because, just in this short run, I faced lot of risks and when there are no patronage, it practically means that there would be no source of survival. There are months I stay and I would not receive even a single contract, which made me divert into working online to augment my income.