The Blogging Game Has Changed.

D

Deleted member 13140

So I got an email today, which has this exact title, the blogging game has changed.

7.5 million blog posts Goes live everyday

You see, the vast majority of bloggers (61% of them) post at least once per week.

Have you realized that the "blogging game" has changed?

First I'll say this, its true according to this statistic the whole game has changed, before you can post like 10 blog posts and still make it, even on YouTube, before it was, once you start you channel you start earning, now its different, you have to reach 4,000 hours watch time, which prompts more and more videos.

Alot of high earning bloggers rely on one thing to get
  • More Traffic
  • More ad revenue
  • And more sales
And that's More Content. Google won't even take you serious if you have just 20 articles, scattered around on different topics (that's why niching down is also a thing)

I saw a post on Facebook the guy said he started blogging and was posting content Consistently on his blog for 3yrs or so, two or three articles per week (niche = gaming) And now he is earning $4000 every month just om ad revenue.

More Content.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
this is exactly that and that is the reason why a lot of people must to learn many things about blogging before entering into it. Niching is very important but a lot of people venture into online businesses such as blogging and affiliate marketing without knowing that there are some certain things needed to succeed.

Mika

VIP Contributor
More content does not mean, you get more traffic. There are a lot of traffic sources but the main sources are Google search engine and social media sites mainly Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest. IN order to get traffic from Google, your web contents must be ranked high, and in order to receive traffic from social sites, you need to aggressively promote.

Bookwormlux

Valued Contributor
Blogging is more like a saturated niche these days and I am beginning to even think that Google and other advertising networks would become very strict with what they require from blogs before monetizing them just like YouTube did same to Youtubers. There is still more Hope for bloggers to make money though.

D

Deleted member 13140

More content does not mean, you get more traffic. There are a lot of traffic sources but the main sources are Google search engine and social media sites mainly Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest. IN order to get traffic from Google, your web contents must be ranked high, and in order to receive traffic from social sites, you need to aggressively promote.
Well More Content could mean more chanced to get ranked, that's it...
Neil Patel did one experiment, and a content on a site without backlinks at all, eventually ranked on Google after like 60 days or even more so that's why I said more content because then Google will see, this wentiste actually has an authority on this particular niche and could show your content on first page atimes.

D

Deleted member 13140

Blogging is more like a saturated niche these days and I am beginning to even think that Google and other advertising networks would become very strict with what they require from blogs before monetizing them just like YouTube did same to Youtubers. There is still more Hope for bloggers to make money though.
Haha, don't you realise that has already happened, before you get approved by adsense you need to reach a specific amount of articles and views,
And even some ad companies also use that, e.g mediavine, you have to reach 50k sessions and it must be from the USA, that's their law. So all I can say is, everything is saturated, it just depends on your determination, if seem a new blogger that made it on a very competitive niche, now is making more than $10 a month from ad revenue alone