Taking a job or starting a business; which do you prefer.

Kennysplash

Verified member
Many people might think this is an obvious question, that many will certainly choose to start their own business. But this is not true, every now and then I come across people that will tell me they will rather take a job that to run their own business. They claim that running a business requires a lot of will power and effort han a job, which is very true. You have to be thinking of a lot of things, how to make this and that work, what to implement and what not to, and others like that. They believe this can be stressful and tiresome because they don't want much stress in their lives. Then I tell them that a good business most time pays more than a job. But they don't care, they want to live a simple and stress free life. Well for me I will choose running my own business any day, it can be tiresome but what really is not? Besides my income will fill in for everything.
Do you agree with people that want jobs to business? Which do you prefer?

Peppul

Job comes with little to no financial risk why business involves a much greater risk. In terms of financial crisis in business, one can also end up loosing their personal assets whereas the one with a job can always enjoy the satisfaction of going home and living on his savings for time being. Although business has its own advantage like being your own boss, having your own personal time to do what you want to do without having to be questioned by anyone and other things, and business is not just something you can just wake up and start because you need capital to start it and you need to have and idea of what business you want to do, so having a business will requires more from you and you need to be able to constantly manage that business so it will end up crumbling, so it requires a lot of input and effort more that having a job. But it's still boils down to what individual want.

Rna001

Giving the requirements in working for someone else, one would not want to think of taking Job in the stead of a self business but I tell you, self business require a lot more than taking a job even though it pays doing self business. Everyone would want to own his or her business however as a fresh graduate who did not come from a well to do home, starting a self business might be challenging because of the financial capacity that is not there so, I think taking a job is this case is better with a target or aim to owing a business someday.

Cryptoon

Many people might think this is an obvious question, that many will certainly choose to start their own business. But this is not true, every now and then I come across people that will tell me they will rather take a job that to run their own business. They claim that running a business requires a lot of will power and effort han a job, which is very true. You have to be thinking of a lot of things, how to make this and that work, what to implement and what not to, and others like that. They believe this can be stressful and tiresome because they don't want much stress in their lives. Then I tell them that a good business most time pays more than a job. But they don't care, they want to live a simple and stress free life. Well for me I will choose running my own business any day, it can be tiresome but what really is not? Besides my income will fill in for everything.
Very informative question and response @Kennysplash. You took the words out of my mouth! At first I wanted to start a business but later realized that a well paying job was better as long as you do what your boss wants. The next thing is how much the job pays: if you're contented with the amount you earn, then it's for you.

So, starting your own business or taking a job, it all depends on how much you earn and good luck to all who plan on doing so.

Akinwumi wale

In the country where we find ourselves today which is Nigeria, there are a whole lot of graduated but unemployed youth in the country so the job opportunities so limited that it cannot be enough for all who have graduated from higher institution and the job opportunities available cannot get to everybody and so therefore it would be wise and appropriate that individuals have their own businesses instead of waiting to be employed into other businesses or into government ventures.Instead of been employed by someone which comes with a whole lot of disadvantages, been self employed is the best.

Sikapa

Verified member
This question is good but to me is just like asking me if I see $1000 on the ground and at the same time I see $100 on the ground which one will I pick? I can pick all the two at the same time! I take a job and at the same time own a business without much stress at all.

Maybe I have my own job like I'm self-employed and I can also establish small business and let someone mange it for me so I pay that person. Maybe it is due to individual differences that you are asking but I think most of the people can work even if is a company job or even if you are working under someone that is not a problem that can stop you from owning a business. Most people are doing this and sometimes I see people doing some jobs and at the same time owning stores and other businesses.

HeavLeighGill

I would choose to start my own business every time. It's better to be a leader than a follower in my opinion, but then again that's how I think. I can see how some people wouldn't want the extra stress and prefer to clock out of a regular job at the end of the day with no other responsibilities, whereas a business owner might have more work to consider. I still think it's 100% worth it.

Ithedicious

Valued Contributor
Proper arrangement must be made before taking any of this decision , but first of all if I have the required money needed to start up my business fully and I'm very sure that my business will succeed , I'll definitely go into a business because at least if I start a business and grow it , then I will definitely be the boss of that business as long as the business is still in existence.

If I don't have enough money and the payment is good , I will definitely choose a job then use it to raise the required money I need before thinking of going back into my business.

If I have the mindset of being in a business , I will not allowed any jobs to discourage me because it seems some employment will only make you to relax and forget about your life plans and responsibilities .