Should You Eat Carbs When Fasting?

Yusra3

Banned
Fasting is a great way to detox or lose weight. It's also a great way to pack on the pounds and sabotage your health if you don't know what you're doing.

There are lots of ways to do it: some people only fast one day per week, while others fast for days at a time. You can even fast intermittently during the day or within a certain window of hours (for example, only eating between 10 am and 6 pm).
You might be wondering, should I eat carbs when I'm fasting? The answer is: it depends.

It depends on what type of fasting you're doing and what your goals are. For example, if you're just doing intermittent fasting, then yes, eating carbs here and there is probably fine for most people. However, if you're trying to lose weight by cutting calories and carbs both, then you need to be careful about how many carbs you eat during your eating window.

E

eldavis

Like you said, it depends on the kind of fasting you are doing and your reason for doing it. For does trying to loose weight through intermediate fasting, i do not think it's wise to take much cabs, cause carbs are usually the cost of fat in the frist place. You can take carbs in small quantity to gain strength. For those into keto diet on the other hand, there is no need for taking carbs of any quantity.