Setting up weekly goals

On my previous threads, I broke down the two types of goal we have; Primary goal (short term goal) and Secondary goal (long term goal). In this article, my discussions will base on the short term goal and how to make up weekly goals to achieve your final/secondary goal.

Think about what you want to achieve
Before you begin with the your setup, think about what you can ant to achieve during the course of the week. You know your main goal and should be able to break them down into layers/success points.

Write down what you want to achieve
After thinking what you think is achievable during the week, write them down on a jotter or a diary if you have one.

Setting up reminders
In order not to forget what you've just written down, it is advisable to set up reminders in alarms or on your calendar.

Take a break and celebrate your achievements
It is okay to celebrate what you have achieved. It brings in self confidence and perseverance a d also gives you the courage to do more towards achieving your goal. You should celebrate your efforts and try to take a break. Don't forget you need patience, determination and hard work to get this done and you need to appreciate the little efforts you've made.

The plans is a very important part of life. If you want to be very successful, you will need to plan very well . If you have to set goals for yourself, weekly, or daily goals, you will have to be sure to map out plans to achieve your goals. In all works of life planning is an integral part as it will make you achieve your goals in less time. Don't forget that, if you set an unrealistic goals for yourself, you will not be able to achieve them. Frustration, would set and you may be discouraged along the line. So, it implies that your goals must be very realistic and well defined, not only this, it should be well articulated and must be achievable. If you set unachievable targets, you will never meet and will push you to keep working hader which could eventually result in fatigue. I will not advise setting up a weekly goals, I will advise that you divide your goals into chunks. You will then execute them one after the other. You may decide to make the chunks hourly or daily in such a way that you will meet up with the weekly targets.

Setting goals is really important. It helps you direct your energy and effort to what is important. Rather that just working without a direction and knowledge of what you expect of yourself. Goals give you the best direction that you need to follow in order to be productive and live a purposeful life.

I think that finishing tasks become so much easier when you set targets. Personally, I have know the importance of this because I have daily goals for my online earnings. Ever since I set these targets, it has been so much easier to achieve them and I have been reaching payout more regularly.

One thing that helps alot is to have self discipline. That way, you can stick with your targets as you have set them. Self discipline is built by a step by step process where you do the same thing regularly so that it sticks with you. Like you build neural pathways in your brain that makes it easier to get started and focus.

You also need to believe in yourself. When you believe that you are capable of doing anything you set, you tend to actually do it. This is because positivity enables productivity.

Weekly goals belong to the short-term goals and this is step in the right direction. I have been in situations where I made a target to achieve goals on a weekly basis but it was not possible due to both internal and external factors. One way of achieving success in life and also to be programmed is by setting goals. I usually set up weekly goals of making $1 daily on this forum but if you had noticed, for some days, I have not been active due to some external factors beyond my control like; lack of electricity supply and power network reach to the site.

I had also set goals of saving money weekly in my piggy bank but each time I try to make a deposit, I end up going to remove the money and this makes it looks like I cannot keep to the goal or target. Well, I'm still in the process and with time, I would stick to the plan. One of the reason my goals are not achieved is due to the little amount of money I earn and therefore it does not spur the drive or motivation in me. In most cases, I have to encourage myself to do better.