Scientific Studies Says That Some Kind Of Soaps May Cause Bone Loss, So Choose The Soap Wisely!

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
Soaps were being used during the pandemic a lot of times and I do not know how much attention soaps got during the times of pandemic. Along with the sales of face masks and hand sanitizers, the sale of soaps also rose a lot during the pandemic. However, it seems that usage of soaps is not as healthy as it sounds. There are many soaps that have a high amount of triclosan in them and a study that was published by a group of study authors in a journal knows as Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism has found that such kind of soaps may cause loss of density in bones. So, I would not advise people to use soaps in an excessive way or choose soaps that have less amounts of triclosan.

A K Rao

Soaps were being used during the pandemic a lot of times and I do not know how much attention soaps got during the times of pandemic. Along with the sales of face masks and hand sanitizers, the sale of soaps also rose a lot during the pandemic. However, it seems that usage of soaps is not as healthy as it sounds. There are many soaps that have a high amount of triclosan in them and a study that was published by a group of study authors in a journal knows as Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism has found that such kind of soaps may cause loss of density in bones. So, I would not advise people to use soaps in an excessive way or choose soaps that have less amounts of triclosan.
Interesting article about the chemical triclosan that is being used in the soap. I have not come across anything like this on the net so far but then one has to be sure how this chemical hampers the bone density. What is the route of administration and the quantity to be taken to influence the people? I have a doubt that the triclosan used in the soap can do such harm that it hardly stays in contact with the skin for some few minutes during which time the skin doesn't have the capability to absorb the chemical. Maybe the chemical is harming the body if taken orally.

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
Interesting article about the chemical triclosan that is being used in the soap. I have not come across anything like this on the net so far but then one has to be sure how this chemical hampers the bone density. What is the route of administration and the quantity to be taken to influence the people? I have a doubt that the triclosan used in the soap can do such harm that it hardly stays in contact with the skin for some few minutes during which time the skin doesn't have the capability to absorb the chemical. Maybe the chemical is harming the body if taken orally.

You have made some points and I would like to address them all. Triclosan is released and probably gets absorbed by the skin when you rub soaps. Even though the body gets exposed to triclosan for a short period of time, we should also not overlook the fact that we regularly use soaps daily. So when we consider the fact that we use soaps in our daily lives, this actually adds up to huge exposure to triclosan in the end. I can only hope we might be able to buy triclosan-free products only if they are available in the market globally.

Last edited:

sincerem

VIP Contributor
That's why we don't need to jump from different soaps to another. It will be better to maintain one soap as long as it serves its purpose well. Choosing different soap might cause us some skin infection, even the deficiency in bone which is the main focal point of this topic. Any soap we are buying should be researched properly so we won't face this kind of unwanted issues.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
I wonder why people likes adding lots of this dangerous chemical into what they are producing for the main purpose of harming the innocent people, I think it is the duty of the government to ban the use of some dangerous chemicals and elements in the production of cream and soap most especially those that will be dangerous to the human system.