Running a restaurant in Nigeria.

TOZZIBLINKZ

VIP Contributor
Restaurant , eatery , cafeteria , dinner House , and inn etc , all have one feature in common which is that , they serve already cooked food to customers . I do not know for other countries but in Nigeria running a restaurant is one of the most profitable job in existence . Though the competition of a restaurant business is high , yet someone who intend to open a restaurant business can succeed only if his or her food and customers service has an unbeatable taste and quality . I could remember one day when I was going to eat in a restaurant a man who sat near me made a statement to the restaurant owner saying " madam your food is salty today why " but on hearing this the restaurant owner fired back by saying " if you knew so much about food why didn't you stay at home and cook yours " . And trust me the situation wasn't a one to smile to .

Restaurant owners must know that the quality of your customer service is one of the factor that determine how profitable the business will be , they must be polite and mild when handling customers , and also when a customer makes a comment about their food whether positive or negative the restaurant owner must receive it in good faith .

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Running a restaurant is not a child's play. It is a business that needs planing and some strategies. This should be done on a daily basis in order to meet up with the dishes that are trending currently.

An intending business man on restaurant business must know how to choose the right location for the business. As we all know, in all businesses, location is what matters. The good location always means that the business will be thriving. There should be some feasibility studies by the intending business men to know the right place to us3. He can known this by studying the people in the area to know the kind of food they are used to, kind of people whether they are rich or poor or average.

Another thing to be considered is how to cope with change. Change is always a constant entity. What reings today may not be in trend tomorrow. Therefore, it is incumbent on an intending business man to know and be adapting to change. He should know what people taste has changed to and learn how to allow his staff to learn the new ways. That's why there must be constant seminars and training for the staff.