Planting mahogany trees for lumber needs

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
This topic is applicable to those who have unused land especially land that is big and situated in the forest or mountain area. Mahogany tree is planted for wood because the lumber is used for elegant flooring. The mahogany lumber is in demand by the bowling center for the flooring of their bowling lanes. The lumber fetches a high price that is about 5 times the cost of ordinary lumber.

Investing in a mahogany plantation takes at least 10 years. Planting is easy because the seeds would grow without tending during the rainy season. As long as there is water the seeds would grow fast into a sapling. The harvesting is the tricky one because a path for the trucks have to be created so that the lumber can be transported easily. But in the time of harvest the development of the place may provide the roads.

I do not know about mahogany. I am not sure if I have heard of this tree species. However, in my home town, teak is a very popular tree. a lot of people are growing teak as timber trees. People are also growing various fruit bearing trees. Another popular species for plantation is eucalyptus. However, trees take a lof of time to give profits.

The mahogany tree is actually one of the strongest and one of the most rare trees that you will find in the world. The problem with people nowadays is that they will not want to invest in something like this because it will take a lot of time before they can start harvesting it and that is not a good way of doing business.