You can make it planting plantains

Maks25

Anybody who want to venture into agribusiness should venture into it. it's recommended.
A plantain farm can survive for 25 years if we'll managed.
For instance,if you have 5000 suckers on your farm, you can be assured of 10,000 suckers in the second year because they would have brought out daughter suckers which you can use to expand your farm.
The fact that prices are also good, consevatively at N700-1500 per bunch.You can do the maths.

For every business,there is corresponding risks.
If you want to start this profitable business, make sure the soil and weather conditions are favorable for it.
Many years ago, I made a mistake which cost me time, money and energy because I planted in an unfavorable area.
Moreover, you need to plan for irrigation as well.
I was invited to setup a farm in abeokuta; on getting there I asked couples of farmers who live in that area and know the area well, about the weather condition,the report was negative so we had to abandon the farm project.

There are different risks and challenges that should be adequately managed to make profit and with my decade experience, I can help you manage them well.

Let experience people guide you so you don't make the same mistake.

IamDozzy

Very true, the agro allied businesses in developing countries especially Nigeria that has a very rich soil has the potential of being a great money earning mechanism especially for farmers and the government. The problem with plantain farming is storage after harvesting the plantains. Let me give an instance, imagine one harvests plantains in Cross River State, Nigeria and is exporting them to Manila in the Philippines, before such harvests get to the Philippines it would have been rotten. The thing about plantain is not the local market but exporting it internationally can be a problem because we lack the storage facility in Nigeria.

greatguy1

Plantain business is an easy yet tricky one to setup. It is a business that on the outside looks very easy but when you come in there are little things that could derail your output. Firstly you get well nursed plantain shoot and plant all over the farm, after weeding and cultivating the land moist enough to plant the plantain shoot. Then the process of watering and ensuring that animals farm animals do not stray on your farm land to eat up the young breeding plantain. If you are successful in doing all that, watch them grow while taking out little weeds and ensure that flooding or windstorm do not affect you. Its harvest is bountiful

Ahmedo24

Verified member
This is actually a very lucrative business because plantain is consumed regardless season just like you said feasibility study is also very necessary in this business because if you didn't do a proper feasibility studies you will definitely lose from this business because it is capital intensive especially when you have to provide alternative source of water which is irrigation.
I think banana plantation survive on loamy soil with enough water supply . People with high rainfall enjoy the business more. Another thing is breed of suckers has to be high yield ones.

Ralphjoe

I am so inspired by your story of how you were able to have this deep rooted knowledge of plantain plantation business, if not for the fact that plantain business is not the agricultural business that I want to go into, I would have contacted you, anyway whenever I change my mind about the original agriculture business that I want to go into, I will definitely contact you for you to guide me on this business as it seems that you are so knowledgeable about this business. I am so impressed by your knowledge of this business.

Mataracy

VIP Contributor
Planting plantain is a lucrative business. If one can get a fertile land .
There are some land that is very good for it like loamy soil that is the land that have water because plantain needed water. And when it started to grow the good news is that it will be multiplying it self and when you cut or harvest is now before 20 minutes another another will star to grow.

Olajidey

Generally agric business is hot cake if you do it right, agric is not a poor man business you have to set everything right for you to make good profit for any crops you plant. Especially plantain, plantain is used as food in different forms we have plantain flour, plantain chips, fried ripe plantain, banana fruit juice, for making soap, and many more. many other by-products are derived from banana that is the reason why there is always a market for it.

Sammyesx

You are very correct, agriculture is very good business that it's full potentials has not been utilized, not much people are into agriculture these days, maybe because they feel is a business for people In the rural areas which has lead to the increase in food scarcity. Food stuff are becoming expensive by the day. Having a plantain plantation is a good idea, when you have the suckers, you are rest assured of continous germination of plantain, though like every other agricultural venture, it will require adequate knowledge.