Financing the planting and harvesting of crops

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
In some rural areas here investors are invited to finance the planting of crops. My favorite crop is corn because it takes only 3 months from planting to harvesting which means you invest now and you earn the profit within that short period. But before you invest you have to be sure that the agreement is approved by the local community leader so that everyone in the informal contract is protected.

IMG_8130 corn field.JPG
There are varied schemes for the crop. One scheme is to plant the corn and when nearing the time of harvesting the entire crop is sold and the buyer will be the one to harvest. There’s also the scheme of planting only and the harvesting is an investment of another person. With that kind of scheme the farmers have a crop even if they do not have the capital for the planting.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
That must be a very good investment and a wise decision by the investors. I have had the opportunity to live in the rural area when I was younger and I was fortunate to plant corns and I would probably say that they grow very fast and anyone who invests heavily on them stands a better chance of making a very good profit within a short period of time. It is also one of my favorites plants.

Josemendez

Verified member
When it comes to such business like investing in crops to earn profit during the harvest , I will prefer to do it on my own since I have lands for that.
Despite having a contract signed to seal the agreement , at times being a public investment , people may not give in their best in taking care of the crops and the yield may not worth the money invested in it.
Secondly there is no guarantee that the crop will do well.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Agricultural activities requires money to carry it out. Without money it can't be facilitated, nor rear healthy crops. You need finance to buy those equipments that helps work easier for the farmer, and makes the crops to best enough green and gain enough nutrients to germinate big seeds or fruits that can be sold or processed onto different things and make money.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
i love the investment in food produce because it comes with good profit if done properly. As you have stated its good to get approval first and everyone be on the same page before commencement. This way everyone know what they have signed up for. It is a great way to invest

Setho

VIP Contributor
Actually this is a very wet form of investment and I have never seen anything of such around here. What I very well know is that crops are mostly cheaper during the harvesting period and then more expensive close to the planting period so a lot of people do buy it during her first and then wait for about 3 or 4 months then sell it.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
You need finance to buy those equipments that helps work easier for the farmer, and makes the crops to best enough green and gain enough nutrients to germinate big seeds or fruits that can be sold or processed onto different things and make money.
In the rural areas here the equipment can be rented. We have a friend who owns a backhoe (for digging) and a tractor for the plowing of the field. He said that the 5 days of plowing the field can be done by the tractor in 1 day only. The charge is even cheaper than paying 5 people to do that particular job. But I agree that a farming business needs ample capital.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
In the rural areas here the equipment can be rented. We have a friend who owns a backhoe (for digging) and a tractor for the plowing of the field. He said that the 5 days of plowing the field can be done by the tractor in 1 day only. The charge is even cheaper than paying 5 people to do that particular job. But I agree that a farming business needs ample capital.
Yes, farming needs ample of capital to facilitates its activities. A farmer who doesn't have reasonable amount of capital to go into farming can't have the best of farming time. He or she will be forced doing most of the hard labour job on its own, which shrinks the body drastically and makes the skin looking very old.

Mika

VIP Contributor
in my place financing in agriculture is done through banks, financial institutions, co-operatives, and micro-lending firms. I have not heard of any individual financing in farming (I am talking about my home country). Since you can easily get a loan from cooperative and micro-lending firms without any collateral, people find it easier to burrow from these institutions.