Renting a vacant lot for planting corn

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
This idea of business was first done by a corporate executive. Fronting their office is a vast empty grassy land. He searched for the owner to rent the land and make it a corn field. Of course, the owner was happy that his empty land would be earning money.

The guy planted Japanese corn. It is a sweet variety and best to be boiled. The season of planting to harvest takes 3 months. What’s cute is the stalls that would rise by the roadside in front of the corn field where they sell the freshly harvested corn. The price is at a premium but many are buying and usually the harvested corn for the day of about a thousand ears would last before the afternoon. It was a good business idea that can be copied if there is a vacant land that can be rented.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
Of course you can make money by renting your vacant lot for people to do their farming work. I remember vividly about 10 years ago, when I was living in a village. there are a lot of people planting rice and if you do not have enough land for your planting and then you can rent and pay. You can rent 2 years or 3 years then after that the land goes back to the owner.

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
Apparently, renting out your vacant lot can bring you a great deal of cash, especially a farming field. We have people like that in my country that rent out their vacant land for people to use and farm. There are farmers here who can farm very well, but they don't have a farming land, I think this is benefiting to them.

Mika

VIP Contributor
Farmland renting is a widely practiced custom in my parents' village. People who do not own farmland but who do agriculture try to rent farmland from people who own agricultural land but do not do agriculture themselves. This provision creates income opportunities for both parties. Sometimes this kind of farming agreement is also referred to as tenant farming.

Setho

VIP Contributor
Agriculture business especially the plantation and consumption of corn is something that is very popular. There is nothing wrong in hiring and abandoned piece of land to cultivate corn but then you should ensure that you do your research in order not to rent a disputed land or to take over a land that is not fertile.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
What a very thoughtful idea. But I think the idea can only work for subsistence farming. Because I am very sure the room won't be as large as one plot of land. There are many people in my country that even go as far as leasing land for agricultural process. This is because agriculture is a surest business that can fetch money if well managed.