Online Book Club vs Kirkus Media 2- Which should you choose?

Etini

Valued Contributor
I had already done the part one of this review on this forum. You could try searching with the same heading to go see it. So I was trying to break down from my experience which platform is best to review books between the two outstanding and book review sites. We had considered other variables in the first. So, let's take the variables that we did not consider there here

1) Pay Rates: Winner: Tie
The two sites offer book reviews from $5 to $60. So when it comes to payout, the two sites are at par.

2) User Interface: Winner- Online Book Club
I think online book club edges over Kirkus media. The interface is so simple that it can be accessed by an amateur browser. Kirkus media is a bit bulky and needs advanced browsers for it to work well.

3) Review Flexibility: Kirkus media
Kirkus allows you to articulate your thoughts in your review. Online book club boxes you into a corner with their strict review guidelines. Writing reviews there is sometimes monotonous.

I think Online Book club edges it over Kirkus based on the number of wins it gathered from my review. This is my opinion. You can share your own.

Joycelyn Adegbite

You know something? I'm happy I found your advice. From you I found catalyst on naira land to help with my PayPal( although I haven't tried him yet, but I was pretty happy to get his contact easily). And I've already signed up to online book club before I even found your piece on it, I was found some research into Kirkus when I stumbled on how you were able to go around the PayPal stuff. Thank you🤲🏾

My only question now is, from the payment the least is 5 dollars and the highest is 60 dollars, what exactly determines one getting about 10-20 dollars or anything higher that the five dollars? Is it writing a detailed review?