Online Book Club vs Kirkus Media 1- Which should you choose?

Etini

Valued Contributor
When it comes to book review sites, I have been on several and I think two of them actually stand out for me. These are
1)Online Book Club- the URL is onlinebookclub.org
2) Kirkus media with URL kirkusreviews.com.

In this post, I want to compare these two sites in terms of suitability to a boom reviewer.

1) Ease of joining: Winner: Online Book Club
Online book club beats kirkus media in this variable. It is more difficult to join the kirkus media team. Online book club is about signing up to the review team and you are straight up to book reviews.

2) Availability of books: Winner: Both
When it comes to the availability of book to be reviewed, the two sites are at par. A user would fairly find paid books to review more frequently than not. It's a tie on this.

3) User support and help: Winner: Online book club
Apart from getting help from the staff, online book club has a vibrant forum that one an easily frio questions and more experienced members can help out with solutions and suggestion. This is not the same for kirkus media. You have to wait for response from a member of staff.

Please watch out for part 2 of this review.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
I think book reviewing is a pretty good task one can do online. Though I have not used any of the two sites here both Online Book Club and Kirkus media but if they are good then it is worth the use
I like sites that one can easily join, it shouldn’t be any difficult because it will be a very big turnoff for me
so maybe I would go for Online Book Club more since it is easy to join than kirkus media so since . Online book club is about signing up to the review team and that’s it then I will like this one

Good that there’s availability of books for the two. I don’t book reviewing ites with scanty books
Great that I will find paid books to review more frequently than not. It will motivate me to even read and review more books

So whats the pay per book reviewed?

Etini

Valued Contributor
I would advise you to go and sign up for online book club. In 3 days, if you are serious, you would be getting your first $5 book to review. Don't procrastinate. Just jump on it. Writing book reviews offers two advantages. These are 1) It gives you a chance to broaden your horizon and expand your mind. You would be introduced to spheres you have never known existed. I love the site. I had benefitted so much from that site.

I am even thinking about going back to working there. I left there because I my phone battery suddenly became bad and my phi e couldn't stay on for a long time for me to read. They would surely pay you if you keep to the guidelines. But the only limitation is that PayPal is the only medium of payment on the site. But I found my way around it.