Tips on getting started Online Book Club

Etini

Valued Contributor
I had earlier posted that one can make money from a site called online book club. In this thread, I would share tips to make your first dollars from that site. Let me state again that the site pays you for reading a book and writing a review of that book for them.

The site would surely pay you if you stick to the guidelines and you don't plagiarize. To start working with the site, you would have to register an account with them for free. Then you verify your account from your mailbox. The next step is to set your preferences. On this preferences tab, you can set the format you are comfortable with to receive books for review. There are options ranging from Kindle Unlimited, PDF, epub, Mobi, nook and Noble and Barnes. In this preferences tab, you would also set your PayPal account. Note that this site pays only through PayPal. From there, you click the Select tab and a list of books available for you to review would be shown to you.

Note that your first review would not be paid. It is a free review. This is for the Mods to ascertain if you can stick with the guidelines of the site.

uforwealth

Verified member
Thanks for the sharing of useful information on how to make money by reading and reviewing books. I like the idea of reading and reviewing books for the site. However, the pament system will not allow me to get paid. The reason is that I am a Nigerian and Paypal doesn't allow Nigerians to receive fund to their Nigeria Paypal account.

From your profile, I can see that you are from Nigeria. I do you receive your payment from the website.

arunima25

Verified member
Thank you for sharing this information. It's a wonderful opportunity for online earnings for people like me who love to read. Who does not love to get paid for something that one enjoys to do.
I came to this post after going through your other post about the rating and improvement in payment on the same site. It does sound promising. I would definitely explore this site in a couple of days. Right now I am busy with a lot of obligations to try out something new. But I have made a note and would check it in.a few days.
A few questions that would help us have a more clear picture of the site.

How long have the site been in the market and how long have you been active there?
You have mentioned that the site pays through PayPal. I am happy about that. I prefer sites that pay through PayPal. What's the cycle of payment? Are you paid after every book review? Or monthly/ bimonthly or any such time specific one?
It's okay if they don't pay for the first review.. It can be taken as a qualifying test to be eligible to earn there. It's an indication that these people are interested in having quality reviews on their sites. That's valid and genuine.

Sikapa

Verified member
Wow! Then this is also another good way to make money I guess. People nowadays want to make money online even if they are still making money offline and this can also stand as another chance for them. Although I personally knows nothing about this site and how they work but from what someone else commented, then I can see that that site may be legit.

By the way is the site base on Nigeria? I'm asking this because someone said he can guess you are from Nigeria. Well, whether the site is own by a Nigerian or not, that doesn't change anything but how it works matters most. So, if I may ask how much money does the site pays for reading one book? What is the mode of payment and how long does it take to request One's first payout? I just want to make a review to know more. Thank you for your thread.

Etini

Valued Contributor
To try to answer some questions raised. The site is owned by an American writer named Scott Hughes. Let me state that this site can't make you rich but it pays you some cash you can use to sort some things out. I have paid my kid's fees from accumulated earnings from this site. I am a Nigerian. I stay in Nigeria. How do I get payment from the site? I use exchangers. There are many of them on nairaland. Just go and type PayPal exchanges on nairaland. You would see a lot of posts. I have been lucky to have met very sincere ones. But the caveat here is that before using an exchanger, please find out from him if he is already receiving funds for the people with the PayPal account he would be giving you. This is because the site doesn't permit two people to use the same PayPal account. They would ban the two accounts. Anyone that wants I would walk you on how to go about the site for free. We can do that on WhatsApp. I have earned more than 100k on the site since I joined in February. Watch out for my next posts about the site to get more tips.