Is it good to exercise when you have a cold?

LoukiaCharilaou

Valued Contributor
Hi everyone!!! Do you like winter? Winter is a lovely season but colds are so common during this period of time.
Well, what do you believe? Is it good to exercise when you have a cold? Does exercise weaken your immune system?

It is true that when you get sick, your body needs to relax and get some rest. Some people when they are cold, they prefer to stay in bed
and sleep until they get better.

However, several studies found that regular exercise promotes health and boosts your immune system.
Consequently, mild to moderate physical activity helps a lot if you have a common cold(a runny nose, nasal congestion, sneezing or sore throat).
It is important when you have a cold to reduce the intensity or length of your exercise. You must not overdo it. Too much exercise can exhaust
your body.

As a conclusion, light to moderate exercise is really helpful when you are experiencing a mild cold.

What about you? What do you think? Do you believe that it is good to work out when you have a cold?
Looking forward to receiving your own ideas.

As for me I also believe that whenever some one has cold the best thing to do is to exercise the body and make sure that one where good cloth that covers the body.
Cold some times may come ad a result of weather and one can get over it when the body is worm.

Hi Mararacy. Thank you for your informative post and for your time. I fully agree with you that it is good to exercise when we have a cold. A light exercise is really helpful. It is also important, as you correctly stated, to wear warm clothes when the weather is cold in order to prevent getting sick.

If the weather is extremely cold I'll even cherish some exercises, like shuttle run, even full sprinting and other locomotive and non locomotive exercises. But I wouldn't exercise when my own body is feeling cold, because it's disastrous to push myself far through exercises. I'll wait to get healed by taking medications to reduce the effect of the cold in order to stay fit and positive in order to continue my daily routine or weekly routine exercises.