Is it compulsory to consult a professional ideas before starting s business?

Mataracy

VIP Contributor
There is a woman is a close friend to me and this particular has been telling me that she wanted to start s Restaurant business and that she wanted to make bigger, looking attractive and become one in thousand.

So I encouraged her that she needed to consult a professional hand before starting. Though I would have helped her out because am still in a position to do that but she is the type that do not believe to received idea from people that closed to her. That she do not use to value ones idea .

So after some month she called me that she has started painting the building that she wanted to use. But to my surprise when I got their what I saw really saddened me.
The location is not good,the settings is not good ,the way she did the flyers is not good and many more.
So I decided to asked her how did she come about this plan and she told me that some body introduced the man that did the planning of the business set up for her and they have already collected so much from her.

Is it really compulsory to consult a professionals before starting a business?

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
In whatever business we want to do, we all need guidance, to guide us to the right path. If we get advice from someone who knows better than us, I don't really see anything noxious in that, in fact it's the best way to move. Because when you have a mentor in whatever business you do, it will give you a boost in sales, because you have tapped from another person's experiences.

Josemendez

Verified member
I think all she could have done was to look around her neighbor and see what the existing restaurants are not doing well and capitalize on that in building her own business. She doesn't necessarily need to meet any professional for advise in this particular business . The idea is coming from her , she should arrange it the way she has envision it.

uforwealth

Verified member
It is not compulsory if you have personal experience of the business you want to venture into, otherwise, it will be helpful for you to consult an experienced person in whichever business you want to set up. Since the main motive of any business venture is to maximize profit, to achieve this major aim, the knowledge of a business guru needs to be sought.

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
It is very important you do so ,because if you want to gain more customer ,you have to consult a professional that would give you direction on the path to follow so you dont invest on the wrong business ,a lot of people have invested on the wrong business countless time because they lack support and direction, which is certainly part of important things

Chibson

VIP Contributor
It is not a must to consult a professional when you want.start a business. But I think it's very necessary to have a professional guidance and advice because they have been in the field of business for the very long time and they will also share you the idea as necessary for you to succeed in business. you also have to make your own personal research because it is very necessary and read business books.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
It is necessary you seek for orientation or advise before going on starting the business. Reason; we aren't an island when it comes to learning from others who are more experienced than us. No matter how we can claim to be experienced we need to learn more, cos learning is progressive, we can not stop learning unless death do us apart.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
There is a woman is a close friend to me and this particular has been telling me that she wanted to start s Restaurant business and that she wanted to make bigger, looking attractive and become one in thousand.

So I encouraged her that she needed to consult a professional hand before starting. Though I would have helped her out because am still in a position to do that but she is the type that do not believe to received idea from people that closed to her. That she do not use to value ones idea .

So after some month she called me that she has started painting the building that she wanted to use. But to my surprise when I got their what I saw really saddened me.
The location is not good,the settings is not good ,the way she did the flyers is not good and many more.
So I decided to asked her how did she come about this plan and she told me that some body introduced the man that did the planning of the business set up for her and they have already collected so much from her.

Is it really compulsory to consult a professionals before starting a business?
Yeah it is always good to have some consultations albeit from a source that is a professional. I know a lot of people don’t want to pay for professional fees, but it does help one on the right path. If one is a novice in the business seeking professional inputs wouldn’t be a bad idea

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
A person who is planning to start a business has done a thorough research otherwise he can just fall into a trap and lose his shirt in the process. With consultation it is not common here especially to consult professionals. The usual consultation is done with an interview of a business manager or even a staff who can give a clear idea of the actual operation.

Setho

VIP Contributor
It is very important to note that in business it is not just enough to have the right mindset and the financial muscle to begin. This is why I am of the opinion that if you have a chance you can consider approaching stop people who have done it before so that they can guide you on what works and what does not work for them.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
It is very necessary but not compulsory to consult some business guru before setting up a business. In the case that you highlighted above, the woman might have contacted a quack or less professional consultant. And this does not mean consulting business guru shoukd be underplayed. We all need someone to be our guidance.