Is coal business profitable

Good luck

Verified member
Coal is another form of energy.Coal is used for cooking and it is used in industrial automation service today.Before the use of gas or Kerosene.

The use of charcoal is very essential in our society.

People in urban areas tends to use coal in cooking and doing their business.

Some people said it is more advised to use coal stove when grilling meat or fish than using our oven.

The use of coal has really helped those in the northern part of my country.

They use charcoal to grilled their meat or chicken to sell and they believe it is a very good means of grilling meat.

Some people especially our mother's that lives in ancient house believe that soup cooked with charcoal pot or stove tend to be sweeter than the one they use Normal kerosene or gas to cook.

The point now is that,Is it profitable to venture into such business of selling coal for home use or for small industry like bakery?

Please your opinion will be highly appreciated. Thanks

Chibson

VIP Contributor
Coal business is a very lucrative business in my country and a lot of people i'm making a whole lot of money from it. Coal is of a great importance for cooking and other things, so probably it is in high demand in so many places. I think it is important to make research before venturing into the business.

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
Right now coals are selling in my city at a much good rate and pace because of recent Eid Ul Adha religious festival that was observed in my country a few weeks ago. Many people are buying coals because they are making Barbeque and they use coal to do that. Coals are usually sold more during this season and many people also sell coals on stalls during this season.

Dorcey

Coal business are commonly sold in Nigeria due to the fact that it a source of energy on it own and it can be use for so many things, it also helps in economising and most people do use coal to cook in some local restaurant and some do use it to roast corn and so on by d road side.s

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Coal business are commonly sold in Nigeria due to the fact that it a source of energy on it own and it can be use for so many things, it also helps in economising and most people do use coal to cook in some local restaurant and some do use it to roast corn and so on by d road side.s
That's true. I have seen many roadside hawkers using coal to roast their corn. And as you saidz coal is a source of energy on its own. With this, one can come to the conclusion that coal business will be a profitable business of well managed and sited in a good location that will attract buyers.

Good luck

Verified member
Right now coals are selling in my city at a much good rate and pace because of recent Eid Ul Adha religious festival that was observed in my country a few weeks ago. Many people are buying coals because they are making Barbeque and they use coal to do that. Coals are usually sold more during this season and many people also sell coals on stalls during this season.
I think it is possible most people return to the era of using coal for cooking and also for industrial use.Like you said coal is very needed or essential when it comes to making grilled meat otherwise known as barbeque and this is mostly done by the the Fulanis or the northerners and they are making good money from it.

Good luck

Verified member
Coal business is a very lucrative business in my country and a lot of people i'm making a whole lot of money from it. Coal is of a great importance for cooking and other things, so probably it is in high demand in so many places. I think it is important to make research before venturing into the business.
You are very right for one to make research before one venture into the coal business and i think it is also applicable to every business one want to venture I to avoid loss or going bankrupt.If one got good high demand from the community or location one is. I think the business is not bad

Good luck

Verified member
You are very right.it is even selling fast here in Nigeria due to high demand of from the seller.it is raining season and most farmers plant maize at a high rate,so it is a business for the local market women roasting of corn for consumption.It is quite profitable business

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
You are very right.it is even selling fast here in Nigeria due to high demand of from the seller.it is raining season and most farmers plant maize at a high rate,so it is a business for the local market women roasting of corn for consumption.It is quite profitable business

The problem is that coal prices also rise during such festivals and events because sellers usually take advantage of such occassions and they see it as an opportunity to earn more money, so they increase the rates. people have no choice but to buy them because they cannot make barbeque without coal.

Good luck

Verified member
The problem is that coal prices also rise during such festivals and events because sellers usually take advantage of such occassions and they see it as an opportunity to earn more money, so they increase the rates. people have no choice but to buy them because they cannot make barbeque without coal.
The business is fast growing then.It means more people or prospective seller will venture into it and the business will really boom in the market .To me it is a good source of fuel in the society. The northerners are really making good money from the sales of business.with or without festival or occasion.It is a profitable business.

Mandy96

Valued Contributor
Coal business is profitable in Nigeria but a lot of people don’t want to venture into this business because they think it is not a business that can be proud of in public. Honestly, the truth is, most of those businesses that looks irritating are the type that brings in more income.

funmi

Verified member
I agree with you. Coal business is really a nice one. We use coal for so many things in my country but for commercial and home use purpose. Even despite the advent and popularity of gas usage, many people still find the need of purchasing coal as essential. People use coal on daily basis due to the type of business they do. For example, people that sells roasted fish,meat,corn and even barbeque also makes use of coal. So all you need to do is to get your customers and supply them.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
If what you mean by coal is the charcoal that we use for barbecue then I would say that is a pretty good business to sell. However, it is a dirty product so you have to be prepared to wear dark colored clothes and gloves that will protect you from the dirt of the charcoal. Yesterday I bought 10 packs for our stock so we have charcoal when I want barbecue.

kayode10

VIP Contributor
Coal business can be profitable if you set it up at the place where there is a lot of demand for it. Coal business can only thrive in the rural settings. Majority of the people living in the cities are using gas to prepare food. So coal business can be a wrong business in the city.