Is Cashewnut farming business a good business?

Shigobad2020

Cashewnut business is a good business to invest in, it's a nice and easy going business in Nigeria that most people didnt noticed.
I have some farmersnin oyo state in Nigeria that have like 20hectares of cashew plantation and they are making millions from exporting it,
Nigeria is among the countries that export cashew nuts to countries like India and Vietnam and cashew nut farmers are making it big in the business.
Do the question is that "is cashew nut business a good business"

Ozigba Richard Lamai

Yes, cashew business this is a very lucrative business here in Nigeria farmers every year makes thousands of tonnes of cashews here in Nigeria the country has also make achievements in terms of exporting cashew products to other countries. However most cashews have been produce to cashew nuts which is very nutritious. Nigeria has been one of the most production of cashew in Africa due to the numbers of tonnes which is produced of cashew every year.

eojo2401

Cashew farming is a long term investments and it is a family investments. It is good for those that can wait till its maturity stage. At least you will have to wait for four years before getting a reasonable earnings from it. Although you may be harvesting cassava or plantains that you planted alongside the cashew but the income will still be using for the maintenance of the farm.

Shigobad2020

Cashew farming is a long term investments and it is a family investments. It is good for those that can wait till its maturity stage. At least you will have to wait for four years before getting a reasonable earnings from it. Although you may be harvesting cassava or plantains that you planted alongside the cashew but the income will still be using for the maintenance of the farm.
In my area , we don't know much about cashew nut business, so whenever we eat cashew , we alway get rid of the nut and throw it away not knowing that the cashew nut itself is gold, people need to be orientated about cashew business because it is wasting in some area while some people are making money out of it.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
Cashew nut business is a very lucrative business. A business is very popular in my location and a lot of people are into it. It is also one of the products Nigeria export to other countries. So it is not only a lucrative business the sense that it is an export product. Before you venture into this kind of business you need to be financially ready because it requires some money to start.

Samuel72

Verified member
according to my own point of view as a well experienced business man I will say every business is a good business, but it all depends on where you are doing the business or what you think about the business. Cashew nut business is a very good farming business but it all depends on the area you're doing the business, if you're doing cashew nut business in an urban area then it will be more profitable for you but if doing it in a in a rural area I don't think it will be profitable and good enough for you

Briangsam

Cashew nut business is a very lucrative business if it is gotten in a very large quantities. There is always a ready-made market for it. Cashew nut business is in a very high demand because of the nut's medical values. Cashews are a source of energy, vitamins, nutrition, and antioxidant which is beneficial for human health also helps to protect from a disease like cancer.

Kennysplash

Verified member
Yes, cashew nuts is a lucrative business. But there are some factors you have to consider before jumping into it. First of all it requires huge capital, you have to purchase land and also purchase the seedlings. But I will suggest you buy a land that has cashew trees on it already. It will take a very long time for it to grow and for you to make any profit. I know someone that made up to 1 million by just selling the cashew nuts. So it is a great business but you have to wait for it.