Is blogging on a social media better than blogging on a website

Mandy96

Valued Contributor
To my opinion I think blogging on a social media is more better and easier than blogging on a website because when you blog on a social media it is fun and you will get some kind of direct connection with your fans or the viewers of your blog. Blogging on a website is cool but it is more complicated to post on a website and besides it is more expensive to setup a blogging website. If you are interested in blogging business I will suggest you start the blogging business on social media like Instagram, Twitter and the rest then you can later upgrade your blogging business to website level.

kayode10

VIP Contributor
Blogging requires you to know some of the basic things because before you can get started. You must have at least a basic knowledge of search engine optimisation and I also take advantage of it. You must be able to write at expert level and get your message across easily. Consistency is the key when it comes to successful blogging.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
This depends on what your motive for blogging is. If you want to make money from your blog content, blogging on a website is a better option. However, if you don't want to make money from your blog post, you can post on social media. Furthermore, social media blogging is suitable only for short post.

Mika

VIP Contributor
Social blogging is suitable for short posts. If you want to posts anything below 100 words, social media can be the best platform because it has a wide reach and can engage people in a short time. Social blogging is good for time-sensitive content. Blogging on a website means producing long informative articles.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
The purpose of having a website for your blog is self expression just like when you post in social media. However, lately the monetization is very popular that bloggers are always for the money. Blogging in social media is for fun, yes, that's what I am doing now because my personal blog is inactive. But I do not earn from social media posting.

Topstik

Blogging on social media is better than blogging on a website because there are lots of people on social media but when your website ranked on the 1st page of the search engine then your blog appears.

backgroundguy

I believe blogging on social media gives you instant traffic, in that people can actually see your content immediately, blogging on a website may take a while to get traffic going, so your content may be out there for a while before someone gets to see it.

Having said that, when it comes to retention, meaning for how long will people see the post, well depending on the social media site, the content may get taken down, or lost in the feed, but with some social media websites, it still may be available through google search.

content available on your website on the other hand may be there for as long as the website is live. It does not disappear on the feed, and unless you delete it, cannot be taken down, in short you control your content.

so in my opinion, that is the difference. the question is, what is better for you? instant traffic? or long-term ownership?

Dora Wi

I think this can depend on what your blog is centered around and whether or not you offer any services/products. In some cases, it can be better and simpler to have a website where everything you have done can be found all in one place. And you can still write blog posts or share them on your social medias, so you don't have to choose just one platform.