Is Banking Job still worth it?

D

Deleted member 27126

The effect of the corona virus pandemic has caused a lot of havoc with many people, especially bankers, losing their job in the last few months. Being a graduate of management and Accounting, I have always imagined whether being a banker is worth it or not. What is your opinion about banking job? Is it really worth the hype?

Queentener

Banking use to be a very juicy sector to work in, some few years back. But presently now, I will not advice it, except you are entering with experience or graduate trainee, but if you are entering has a contract staff my brother it's not worth the stress, because you can't work in the bank and have time for other businesses, you might not even be chanced to go for interviews if invited. You get stock there and it can be frustrating. So banking sector is a no no for me.

Adetayo100

Banking jobs are still worth it but it wasn't as juicy as before, i can only advice if you want to enter as a graduate trainee otherwise it is not that worth it. Working in the bank can't make you engage in other affairs or business due to it working hours.

Mika

VIP Contributor
In my home country, banking is a highly sought-after job. In our country, banks are categorized into three major categories based on their paid-up and area of operation. Big banks are A category banks, there are 21 Categorie A banks. I do not know about the number of category B and category C banks, but I can assume that there are over 200 banks in the country. The number of finance and microfinance companies is estimated to be about 1000. These banks and finance companies provide jobs to over 20 million population.

Olajidey

In the past if you are a banker people believe that you are doing a good job but as at present , banking job did not worth the stress and also the can decie to lay you off when they feel like or when they can not pay all their staff. In Nigeria if you are doing Banking job you wont have time for yourself and family.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Banking job doesn't even worth. The job is too exhaustive and doesn't yield much money. The job won't give you time to do or even think of another investment because it is highly time consuming. Besides, it doesnt give the workers much time to even plan their marital life. It is a modern day slavery to me.

eojo2401

Banking job fall under the first 6 lucrative job in Nigeria. If you have connections that will make you get your target easily, banking job is nice but if reversed is the case, you may be kicked out at anytime, meaning no job security for you. or alternatively if you have metaphysical power to convince people to bank in your bank. You are good to go.

Kingsley

Valued Contributor
Hmmmm, very interesting, is banking job still worth it?, well to answer that question correctly i would a big no, infact the banking industry is gradually fading out and people are resigning on their own volition, the banking system as we have it in Nigeria is a total scam. The job is not really worth it anymore.

Mellorando

Banned
In Nigeria banking job isn't paying anymore and I will advise if anyone has another alternative job then I will advise he or she go for it but I done spending precious time on banking jobs banking job in Nigeria does not pay well as usual beginning from the year 2014

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
My wife is a bank employee. They are on a work-from-home mode 3 times in a week and she goes to the office twice a week. The salary is the same likewise with the bonuses and profit-sharing. The only benefit that was gone is the annual increase. But that is understandable because we are in a pandemic era and money is not as easy as before.