Banking and finance job

eojo2401

Bank and other financial institution play major role in financing businesses and projects. That sector is also a major employers of labour in my country but there's something I observed that is actually wrong in that sector. Placing unrealistic targets on employees is worrisome and unfair to the staff of banks. As a banker, your employer make ask you to get customers that will have a minimum of #500,000,000 deposits in just 3months. If you meet that target, your job is secured but if you failed, you may be ask to used the exit door and go back to overcrowded labour market. In an attempt to get First Class customers that will make it easier for the bank employees to meet up with there targets, some of the female staff has to turned themselves to corporate prostitutes, some even preferred to date their Boss or group managing directors just to secure there jobs. This Is common thread in our banks this time around, I don't know if this is happening in your area too. But if it's happening everywhere, how can we minimize such. At least those females bankers are some people's wives now. Let we the husband of bankers enjoy our wife. I come in peace.

IamDozzy

Bank jobs comes with an enormous amount of pressure especially if one is in the marketing division. Banks give a lot of unrealistic targets to marketers that is very frustrating. I know of a marketer in a bank located in a rural environment, she was given a target of NGN 50m for a particular moment when people in the rural environment couldn't even sum up to 100,000. It was very frustrating because she was eventually queried for not meeting the target.

eojo2401

Bank jobs comes with an enormous amount of pressure especially if one is in the marketing division. Banks give a lot of unrealistic targets to marketers that is very frustrating. I know of a marketer in a bank located in a rural environment, she was given a target of NGN 50m for a particular moment when people in the rural environment couldn't even sum up to 100,000. It was very frustrating because she was eventually queried for not meeting the target.
So to marry a bank marketer now as wife is somehow risky. One may loose her to a millionaire customer of her bank or having and raising bastard children as his own children. Because I don't know how the employees will cope to meet the target. Honestly she will be tempted to used what she has to get what she wants.

Ozigba Richard Lamai

Banking and finance job pays property and pays well but you as a banker once know that you are taking care of people's money and because you are taking care of people's money and you must take good precaution in order for you not to being in a risk. It is not easy to work in a bank keep people's money for them sometimes it's tempting though because your professional in the field you have to do what you have to do best.

Victor001

People do ask me how comfortable with your job,and I told them any job that takes more than 6 hours of my time is not comfortable for me. Bankers are those in the upper room,the ones down floor are the labourers, working daily from 8 a.m in the morning to 4 p.m is not for passion,but for money. Banking and finance job is only beneficial to the employer.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
My first job was in a bank. My wife's first job was also in a bank. I had a nice time with my job and my wife as well. Last year a nephew was hired by a big bank as an account officer. He was working already in a big bank but he was offered by another bank as an account officer. I was against it but my nephew took the position. After 5 months he was forced to resign because he was not able to get a big depositor. It is sad that until now my nephew is jobless.