General insurance I Hate Working at USAA

Wole.K

Every day, members will complain that USAA isn't as good as it once was. Sadly, this is the case; due to a change in leadership, USAA has lost its direction in its quest for the bottom line. As a property adjuster, you are actively working against the flow. Adjusters have been requesting common-sense adjustments for four years in order to assist their members promptly and carefully, but leadership's metrics and expectations work against you at every turn. For four years, a single straightforward demand—let us handle our own claims—was made, but nothing was done to move toward that objective. Depending on the season, you'll have an average claim load of 40–100 cases and only 8 hours a week to handle them.

The remainder of the time, in the guise of helping the team, you answer back-to-back incoming calls for claims that are not yours while working over your compensation. Over time, more was demanded of us in a shorter amount of time. For the majority of us, the breaking point came when the bonus was reduced and the qualifications altered while the leadership received multimillion-dollar bonuses and the business was making record profits. Despite their best efforts to appear concerned, they don't actually care about their frontline staff. However, the majority of the good employees went. Unless you're willing to sell your soul to be underpaid and overworked, I'd suggest looking elsewhere.

Ahxmed

Although the organization offers excellent perks, USAA's pay is incredibly low and unfair. roles that are extremely demanding and have minimal compensation. Transferring to a different department is also quite challenging.

Chase

Regarding USAA, I have no problems. I've never encountered a culture like it; I genuinely think they care about their workers. I resigned since I had no interest in my job position at all. I personally detested my job as a claims adjuster, and switching departments or being promoted is exceedingly challenging. If not, I wouldn't ever leave.

Edulet

The majority of the company's roles are incredibly stressful and involve communicating with other, frequently nasty, employees directly. High standards are set for you, and you receive little to no help in living up to them. Every day, you are subjected to micromanagement, and metric standards are hammered down your neck. You could be dragged into a team meeting or coaching at any time, when it will be emphasized even more how you and your coworkers need to do better.

Your yearly merit raises are at best subpar in terms of compensation, and they appear to get smaller with time. Speaking of decreasing, the yearly bonus, which has long been a hallmark of the corporation, suddenly took a huge nosedive into the Pacific and is now submerged. In conclusion, I would say that I was not generally "satisfied" with my job at this company. Let's just say that there were many days when I envied the window washers as I looked out the window.

Ejiros

You should not be worrying about your career at all. Take surveys; if you receive a low score, you risk being fired. Which is false since a survey makes you seem bad if someone is upset with USAA. Got a terrible survey; even if my USAA survey # was good, it counts against me, which is unfair.

They have poor business ethics and are unreasonable. Directors are invisible, and management is inept. Since it is a call center, you do not handle your own claims.