How to write a perfect pitch for Parade, Elite Daily, Bustle 3

Etini

Valued Contributor
So this is the third part of this pitch writings series, I want to believe we have learned something.

Step number two, you want to tell them who you are, what you want to write about and why if you've done your job with the subject line, then the editor is now reading your email. Don't open your pitch email with small talk. They don't care. dive right in with the name the topic you want to cover and why you want to cover it if you have some huge credit to your name that is relevant to your pitch mentioned that upfront. For instance, if you are pitching a story to a gun magazine and you are a cop or a retired cop, now's the time to say that. Here's an example of how you want to do this.

Dear Jim My name is Megan and I am a retired cop. I want to write on the salient dangers of drugs as it relates to the next generation.

The point is, I gave him my story idea, and I explained why my story idea is important.

If you apply the tips I gave in the there parts of this seriee, you would be writing for top sites.