How to tell a real business

Jasz

VIP Contributor
It's the time of year when you're likely to get a lot of calls from people who want to do business with you. However, how can you tell if they are real? How do you know if their product or service is worth your time and money? Here are some tips on how to evaluate seasonal businesses:

1. Is this a local business? Seasonal businesses tend to be locally focused — the sales may be for Christmas, for example, but the company will still be located in the same area. If it's not local and there are no other seasonal businesses in your area, that should raise a red flag.

2. Does this business have a website? A website can show you whether the company has been around for a while and what kind of quality control measures it takes to produce its products (or at least let you know that it is working hard to maintain high standards). You should also look at photos on the site and see if they look current or outdated — signs that they've been trading since last year or even longer may not reflect current trends in fashion or design styles.

3. Is there any social media presence? Social media is one way businesses can reach out directly to their customers.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Its depends , sometimes if I am interested to know if a particular business organisation is real or not , what I will do is that I will check out their online presence and I will also check out the reviews people are leaving behind them after they have encountered them . This is one of the things I will put so much into consideration .
If I couldn't have a satisfactory review about them on the internet then I will need to check and find out if the business organisation has been registered with the government . That is what really matters. Any business organisation that is not registered with the government should be treated at an arm's length..

And most importantly , I wouldn't just want to deal with any business organisation that is not official. When thinking of doing business with any organisation it must be an official company or organisation.