How to stop a runny nose at home

Empress

Verified member
Getting a runny nose happens to all of us, a condition that we can easily deal with at home.
If you prefer using home remedies to cure catarrh then there are many ways that can help
1. Facial steaming
Inhaling hot steam has been shown to help treat a runny nose.
Heat clean water in a clean pot on your stove. Heat it just enough so that steam is created
Place your face above the steam for 20 minutes at a time. Take deep breaths through your nose, take breaks if your face gets too hot
Blow your nose afterward to get rid of mucus.
2. Eating spicy foods
Spicy foods can make a runny nose worse. However, if you are also having symptoms of nasal congestion, eating spicy foods can possibly help.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Getting a runny nose happens to all of us, a condition that we can easily deal with at home.
If you prefer using home remedies to cure catarrh then there are many ways that can help
1. Facial steaming
Inhaling hot steam has been shown to help treat a runny nose.
Heat clean water in a clean pot on your stove. Heat it just enough so that steam is created
Place your face above the steam for 20 minutes at a time. Take deep breaths through your nose, take breaks if your face gets too hot
Blow your nose afterward to get rid of mucus.
2. Eating spicy foods
Spicy foods can make a runny nose worse. However, if you are also having symptoms of nasal congestion, eating spicy foods can possibly help.
Yes the number one is one of the most effective way I have been using to relieve cold or flu on a rainy season like the one we are having here , steam hot water can also help. Taking of antibacterial drugs can also be an effective way to relieve running nose but the drugs must be ministered by a trusted medical personnel.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
A runny nose or catarrh as mostly called can be an embarrassing sickness if care is not taken. That's why we need to suppress it in order not to cause disgrace. We need to know the cause first and run away from whatever that might might the cause of it. For instance, personally mine is caused by exposure to odor

Bashbash

You can stop a running nose at home by using hot water to massage your face and your chest, you can eat ginger and hot water by blending ginger with hot water to make the mucus dry off from the chest and rub a rub balm to your nose and chest.

Barin

The facial steaming is the best method but it doesn't require you to buy anything and it is very effective it is a method that we can use at home and have being using this method from my childhood

dagm

The finest way is facial steaming, which does not involve any purchases and is highly successful. It is a method that we can do at home, and I have been using it since I was a youngster.

Kola

Verified member
Facial steaming is a very good method for stopping running nose.it is done by boiling hot water after boiling it you put it in the bucket and put your head in the bucket just make your face close to the bucket so that you can inhale the steam from the hot water.

Bashbash

You can stop running nose at home by using hot warm water to heat your face

Aqruub

Have always facial steaming to be the best method for runny nose but it will be more effective when you did not drink cold water

Acerrim

There is no doubt that facial steaming is the best of the best natural home remedy to cure a runny nose because of how effective and fast it is

Krishrish

Runny nose can be stopped by eating ginger and drinking hot water to it before going to bed it will help to treat it faster when you sleep