How to still improve your chances of growing taller.

TOZZIBLINKZ

VIP Contributor
It is said by health analysts and physician's that 20 years of age is said to be the stopping age for an individual to grow in height . But still , majority of individuals who are above the age of 20 are still very concerned about their height this is because most of them are short in height or are not satisfied with their height at all . One May begin to wonder whether is there anyway an individual can increase his potentials or chances to grow taller even though he is above the age of 20 . Absolutely yes they are some healthy rituals practice is an activities and individual can engage in in order for him to slightly improve his chances of growing taller .

Routine and regular exercise , this is absolutely true Because passing our body through some stress known as exercise can still include our potential to grow taller . But anyways it depends on the kind of exercise you do . Exercises like bench press , bar clip , push-up , pull-ups , sit ups and running are some of the exercises that can slightly improve our potential or chances to grow much taller . Our nutrition or the things we eat must also be putted into proper consideration if we want to grow taller . The consumption of protein and fibre containing food and fruits must be encouraged more frequently to improve our chance to grow taller .

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
When I was a teenager I was very concerned with my height. My father was only 5 feet 3 inches and my mother was 5 feet and 2 inches. My eldest brother who was 19 at that time was only 5 feet 3 inches and my next elder brother was 5 feet 4 inches. From the suggestions that I received what’s practical to me was eating bread. In my mind Americans are tall because they eat bread. When I come home from school by 3 pm I would be bringing home bread to be my snack. I would also take a nap after the snack for maybe 30 minutes to 1 hour. To be honest, I do not really know what made me taller at my height of 5 feet 7 and ½ inches. It may be the food that I had been eating or perhaps it is in my genes that my brothers failed to cultivate. But the food may be it. A 2nd cousin who is almost 6 feet in height grew up in the US. His father is 5 feet 3 inches only and his mother is shorter. Is it really the food?

Ayeshabashir

It is true that the the height of the individual cannot increase after the age of 18 to 20 .And the reason behind this is that the growth plates which is present in bones will become closed under the age of 18 to 20. But why the height of some people remain short .There are certain reasons behind this:- genetic condition ,malnutrition or due to hormones deficiency etc.We can only try to become taller by doing excercise until then the growth plates in bones will not closed .but if they will become closed then our efforts will meaningless to increase the height .What things we should do for increase our height are that do stretching excercise like hanging or pulls up ,eat a healthy or balanced diet which provides a proper nutrition to your body ,make a habit of drink milk and egg because these two things increase the body weight and height. From my perspective we should teach our children to do stretching excercise and give them a healthy diet in the early age because it helps them to grow faster and longer and make their bones stronge and elongate .I would like to know other things which we should do for increase our height

Shaf

Verified member
My dad's family whose genes seem to be really dormant favour not being tall. This means that about 90% of all my cousins and siblings are below 5 feet, especially the females.
When I was a teenager, we were told that eating a lit of beans helps one become taller. When I got to the stage where I started worrying about my height, I ate a lot of beans, in any meal. It still did not make a significant difference and in sti short.

I think more than anything, genetics play the most important role in how tall one can grow, and other factors such as good diet and exercise only help to boost what was already there.

A lot of exercise may seem to make one taller, but people who slim down due to being fit tend to appear taller than those who are chubbier or obese.