How to Set Your Office Up for Productivity

Holicent

VIP Contributor
There are many different ways to improve your productivity at work, but it's important to start by taking a look at the things that are working well for you.

Here are some tips on how to set up your office space so that it encourages productivity:

Get rid of clutter. Clutter can be distracting and can cause you to lose focus on what is important. Get rid of anything that isn't used often, such as paper cups or magazines. If possible, set up a place where all papers can be shredded once they're done with them.

Keep your desk clear of junk mail and other items that don't need to be there. If you have too much stuff on your desk and it gets in the way when you're trying to work, consider getting rid of some of it.

Don't have too many windows in your office. It's easy to get distracted by the outside world when you're looking out at it from your desk. Consider keeping one window open to let in fresh air while still being able to see outside if needed.

Make sure your workspace is comfortable enough for long periods of time spent sitting down. Lastly, Set clear boundaries between work and home life. If your work takes place over a series of different time zones (or if it involves long days spent working at home), keep things simple by dividing up the year into months, quarters and weeks — then stick with them!

Jasz

VIP Contributor

When it comes to productivity, the office is not an afterthought. The work environment matters a great deal. But getting the best from your office can be harder than you think.
When you have an office, it's easy to think that the only way to get work done is by sitting at your desk. But in fact, there are many ways to work more efficiently.

Set up a home office. If you're already working from home and can set up a spare room as an office, this is a great way to save money while still getting the same amount of work done.

Use a standing desk. A standing desk is one of the most popular ways to increase productivity and reduce strain on your body. It helps you stand more upright and reduces the load on your lower back and legs.

Get rid of clutter. Clutter can be distracting, so clear out your desk so that you can focus on what's important: the task at hand.

Get comfy. You'll be spending at least eight hours a day in your office — so make sure you're comfortable! Sit down at your desk and take a few minutes to relax before you start working. This will help you focus on what's important first thing in the morning, instead of worrying about how long it's going to take before you can get back home.

Kennysplash

Verified member
There is no doubt that a comfortable working space leads to more productivity. When creating a workspace that is efficient and comfortable, you need to think about how you work best. Are you a visual person? Do you like privacy while working? Do you need plenty of space or would you be fine with less? There are many different ways to work, so it's important to create a setup that works for you and allows you access to your work space.

You should also consider what tools will best help you with your tasks and keep them at arms length. It can be tiresome having to get up every now and then to look for what you need.

You can also make notes on your workspace so you don't have to spend time searching for things. A well-organized workspace helps you get work done with minimal effort on your part.

cmoneyspinner

Set up my office? What office? I work in my bedroom. I have a laptop which sits on a portable laptop desk. I work frm the time I wake up in the morning until I go to sleep. I wake up determined to succeed. The only thing that hinders my productivity is slow-loading web pages. One day I wanted to publish an article. It should have only taken 1 hour. But it took 3 hours because certai pages I needed to visit simply would not load.

Etini

Valued Contributor
I believe that the office must be comfortable enough to support you to do your work and enjoy it. Anything that would tend to make it uncomfortable for you, clear it off. Make it well ventilated. The issue of windows causing distractions is very real. If possible, have just one window for the office if it doesn't compromise with ventilation. Make sure all electrical installations are properly fitted so that they don't disrupt your workflow when you are working with your PC.

Mikes smithen

Verified member
A business environment is a center for business activities and it is important that a business owner make sure to keep his or her business environment clean and tidy free from any junk or trash so that incoming customers and clients can be so much welcome to patronize what the business has to offer. In the office of the business manager, he or she must keep the table very much clean and tidy and make sure to sit the sitting arrangement in such a way that customers and client will be comfortable possibly nearer to the window for ventilation.