How to profit from poultry business

Carpon

Valued Contributor
Poultry Farming is a very nice business and there are many ways that you can make money from it.

✓ Meat: there are specific breeds called broilers that when you keep, they can be sold for the purpose of meat. They are very fast growing breeds that grow to large sizes. When you sell, you get money.

✓ Egg: there is another breed that are referred to as layers. They lay eggs which you can also sell in exchange for cash. When you rear such, you will earn from selling the eggs as well.

✓ Selling live poultry: you can as well acquire an incubator and incubate laid eggs to sell the chicks to people.

✓ Animal by products: the by products of poultry is a very good manure and can be sold out in exchange for money.

There are many other ways that this business can be used to maximize profit. You can share your thoughts.

Etini

Valued Contributor
I am an agro person and I have vast experience in poultry I have to say that poultry is one business that is very sensitive and requires a high level of discipline to succeed. The margin between success and failure in poultry is very small. I have seen many poultry farmers start very positive but in just a few months, they shut down. When you want to go into poultry, you have to really be prepared for what you are about to embark on. And lest I forget, poultry is very capital-intensive. It is not for people that don't have money.

In poultry, you use the money to make more money. That's why your cost of production decreases as your capacity increases. But to increase that capacity, you need to put in money. It is an adventurous business that leaves you fulfilled when you can succeed. I would love to experiment with the hatching business someday.

Knowlopedia

Valued Contributor
Many people are interested in poultry business but they don't know how to get started. Here are some tips on how to get started in the poultry business:

1. Research the poultry industry. It is important to have a good understanding of the poultry industry before getting started. This will help you determine what type of poultry business you want to get into and what are the potential opportunities and challenges you may face.

2. Decide on the type of poultry business you want to get into. There are many different types of poultry businesses, such as egg production, meat production, or poultry hatcheries. Each type of business has its own set of challenges and opportunities.

3. Develop a business plan. A business plan is a important tool that will help you map out the direction of your business, set goals and objectives, and track your progress.

4. Find the right location. The location of your poultry business is important for many reasons, such as the availability of land, resources, infrastructure, and market access.

5. Build a strong team. A strong team is essential for any successful business. When starting a poultry business, you will need to find people with the right skills and knowledge to help you succeed.