How to Make Money Apart From 9-5 Jobs

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
In order to build your wealth, you need to do increase your income. If you have a 9-5 job, you need to do other things to build your income. That’s how you build multiple revenue system.

You can build multiple income sources through two methods

Gig working: You work as a freelancer, handyman, uber driver, delivery guy, etc. You can either choose to work full time or as a side hustle if you already have a job.

Business: You need to create a business. You can create a business on the same niche that you are working on. For instance, if you are freelance writing, you can build a team by hiring more writers and then take more orders from the client.

One of the ways to build income is by influencing people, or building an audience, so to speak. More people you can influence, or more people in your audience, you will build more income. If you are a freelance writer, you need to influence people to hire you. If you have a small business, you need to have audience who regularly buy from your.

Abigael

Valued Contributor
Making money on the side is a very good move to take these Days. You cannot rely on just your 9-5 job income. You need several streams of income so that you can live a more comfortable life.

That is why you need to explore on several ideas that are there for side hustles. The good thing is that you can do both online and offline work these days.

Having a gig is so common these days. These gigs are available both online and offline. The most common in this era being freelancing. There are so many freelancing skills that you can learn and see the services.

You could also do some offline gigs such as driving an Uber part time, offering babysitting services or delivering goods for companies that offer delivery services to their companies.

Business and investment is also a great option. Just do some research and learn about the best and legit businesses and investment to engage in.

Mika

VIP Contributor
When I had a 9-5 job, I did not have "extra" time for "extra work." Sometimes my job demanded me to work 1-2 hours more, sometimes I even had to work during the weekends. So, I could never find 1-2 hours to work on gigs. That's why even though I had registered on upwork when I was still on a job, I could never start working on upwork. When you are back home after a hard day, would you be able to work more? Well, I don't know about you but I need rest, I also need entertainment, so that the next day I can go back to my job. However, I choose investment as my secondary income when I was in my job. I saved money, invested my saved money, and made money through investment. I also had enough in my emergency funds to get going for 4-6 months.