How To Make A Forum Popular?

moonchild

VIP Contributor
What's the best way to make a newly built forum popular, if you build a forum and you're looking forward to make it very popular with a lot of traffic what's the best way to do it? Is there a hack that works generally or it's just a difficult thing to do?

Most forums started out offering a paid to post feature to bring traffic to their site even before they become profitable, which is largely unsustainable and funny enough these type of forums fizzle out in no time, what's the best way to approach this, if you got any idea, share.

Solution
There are several strategies that can help make a forum popular and increase user engagement. Firstly, it is important to create relevant and engaging content that appeals to the target audience. Actively moderating and participating in discussions, as well as frequently posting new topics and updates, are all ways to achieve this. Additionally, promoting the forum through social media channels and collaborating with other websites or forums can help attract more users and increase visibility. Lastly, creating a welcoming and inclusive environment where users feel comfortable expressing their opinions and sharing their knowledge can contribute to the overall popularity of the forum.

If your main aim of establishing a forum is profit...

Fecoms

Administrator
Staff member
There are several strategies that can help make a forum popular and increase user engagement. Firstly, it is important to create relevant and engaging content that appeals to the target audience. Actively moderating and participating in discussions, as well as frequently posting new topics and updates, are all ways to achieve this. Additionally, promoting the forum through social media channels and collaborating with other websites or forums can help attract more users and increase visibility. Lastly, creating a welcoming and inclusive environment where users feel comfortable expressing their opinions and sharing their knowledge can contribute to the overall popularity of the forum.

If your main aim of establishing a forum is profit, then it might be hard to succeed in the long run, as forums typically thrive on genuine engagement and value creation rather than immediate financial gains.

Paid posts may not really bring traffic to your site if the content isn't properly scrutinised. Because paid posters won't' really care much about your site, but only for their own gain. They are more focused on meeting their own objectives than promoting your website. Only 20 percent of website traffic may be generated through paid posts.

You get more traffic from users who genuinely participate in your website, while paying to post is just to get the site busy. Paid-to-post is not as effective in driving meaningful engagement and building a genuine user base.

Solution

Mika

VIP Contributor
I once started a forum, however, I sold the forum because I could not build a user base and traffic. Without traffic, I did not earn from my forum, and when I sold it, I sold it for a loss.
First and foremost, you should be clear about your goal. What is the purpose of your forum? Secondly, you need to be clear on how you want to run it, do you want to make it paid to post, or do you want to grow it organically?