How to handle dishonest employees

Kennysplash

Verified member
Every company has to deal with dishonest employees at some point in time. This makes it difficult for managers to control their employees and earn wages. However, it's possible to avoid this problem by taking the following measures.

First, you should make sure that all your employees are ethical before hiring new staff. Next, you should make sure that your staff are honest when working on the job. And lastly, you can watch out for dishonest behavior when evaluating workers. Doing so will help you avoid having to fire employees who can't stay on the straight and narrow.
Hiding behind an unearned wealth- bank account, an unethical person can make your life hell at work. He can be a nightmare to managers because he will constantly try to steal their work and get ahead himself. A good way to protect yourself from this loathsome character is to avoid hiring people who have no respect for your work. Instead, look after yourself when hiring staff and only hire people who respect your work and themselves. You will have an easier time keeping your work free from thievery and trouble-making hands than you would if you let others do it for you.

You should also make sure that your staff understands that they need to respect your job when working on the clock. Some workers are naturally dishonest and will take extra time at work without authorization. You can catch these cheaters by implementing a mandatory pre-employment check that every applicant must pass before starting work. Each applicant should have to answer questions about his job performance in his previous employment and pass the test based on those answers. This way, no one can start working for you without knowing how to properly do his job. Doing so will give you peace of hand at work knowing that your work is being done right.

Handling dishonest employees is easy when you avoid these steps in your hiring process. First, make sure every potential employee respects your job before allowing them on the clock. Next, keep an eye out for staff misconduct when they are at work so you don't get robbed or sued by disgruntled employees. And lastly, use a pre-employment check that weed out any thieves before they hit your payrolls. If you implement these steps, dealing with dishonest employees at work will be a breeze!

Heartstrings

When it comes to business and honesty, believe me there is no how you will know a complete honest or dishonest person,I have experience this before. We should know that humans can pretend so well,you hardly noticed,you may have even think you have a loyal and honest employee,and at the end of the day,the person wow you with his or her dishonesty.

I believe been straight forward on what you expect from them at the initial stage will help a lot, dishonesty can bring down a business, reason why it's also good to check and know who you are employing,their jobs history and all, just to save you from loses in future. I have seen and heard of employees who betray their employers trust. Personally after been so careful and take the needed measures and I still get to find out about you not been honest, I will not think twice,I will fire such person immediately.

saoussen5765

Valued Contributor
You may understand that employee is not honest but sometimes you have commited wrong decision like it is not employee fault but system fault, then you have to take decision after listen to employee. Most of employers take decision even before listening to employee and may commit faulty decisions or even handle honest person as not honest one.