How to handle an arrogant employer as an employee.

TOZZIBLINKZ

VIP Contributor
Some employers who run , own , manage , control , and finance both small-scale and large-scale business organisations and commercial establishment today develop some negative and self important attitude like being arrogance , pomposity , being egotistical , haughtiness etc . They develop this negative attitude or behaviours because of how well-educated and commercially knowledgeable they are . And they be descend this negative attitude towards their employees , customers , and business dealers . Some employees working order a self-important boss or employer feel irritated by the stinking behaviour of their boss or manager .

So as an employee how can you handle such an employer , first of all you must understand that you are not the head in the business organisation but rather your employer is the head , and when he or she exercises authority arrogantly over a job performance you shouldn't take side by quarrelling or arguing with him or her . You must understand that your responsibility in the business organisation is to perform your duty and work assigned to you by your employer . Many employees today feel uncomfortable working under an arrogant or rude employer and when they are fed up to the brim they choose to resign from their jobs and careers . so if you think you can't bear it anymore working under your arrogant employer resigning from your job can be considered as a solution to some people .

Jasz

VIP Contributor
When someone you work with is arrogant, it can be a challenge to know how to respond. If you're an employee and your boss is arrogant, some people choose to avoid the person. Other people might try to reason with them. There are also those who choose confrontation and debate as their approach, which can be infuriating for both parties. Each of these methods has its pros and cons, but all of them will change the relationship between you and the arrogant person in some way that should be considered carefully before proceeding.

If a person is arrogant and you're working with them, try to avoid changing your own attitude or personality in response. Don't let arrogance affect your work negatively or cause any problems for you in the workplace. Realize that each person has their own form of communication, so if a person seems arrogant to you, then it may just be their way of speaking. Try not to take it personally and confront the person about it if it's causing problems for you on the job.

Confronting someone who's being rude or condescending can be difficult, especially if they're someone with authority over you at work or someone who could hurt your career prospects or opportunities if they were to become upset with you. You'll have to decide how best to get along with them, probably at your discomfort.

Ithedicious

Valued Contributor
You do not handle them because there is no way you can handle them, the best thing you just have to do is to try as much as possible to make sure that you perform your responsibilities perfectly. because when your responsibilities is being done they won't likely have any problem with you.

Some of them are likely to be rude and arrogant when they understand that you are a threat to their business or probably when you are lazy.

But if they are just arrogant naturally then you should rather look for another way to get employment because personally I can't deal with arrogant people in my life because they are not really a factor and even if I have to work with them I must be allowed to work without any fear of uncertainty.

I have work for some business organisation before , the manager I have been working with are always very good.

It was then some years ago when I was a sales boy at a popular provision shop that the owner was so arrogant . I do not always feel comfortable when people act like that around me. In most cases when they are so arrogant the best thing you have to do is to look for another employment.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
This is one i have experienced in the past and i can tell for one that it can't be easy for anyone. Before now I used to think people were just seeing the negative in a person when they say the person is pompous but I had a change of heart when I worked with one few years ago. This one just rub it in your face to see that you are really nothing and she is the boss.

i think this pomposity Is mostly done by female bosses and sometimes I really wonder the point they are trying to prove because I don't get it with the show off, humiliation and pepper them attitude. I just believe they are not good people, because good people wouldn't want to bring down ithers to feel good. Most of them are damaged, are battling with traumas, have insecurity problem or don't just understand what they are doing.

So just like me if one is confronted with such people you just have to ignore them and face your work

Try to be nice to them, they might just be covering their fears with such attitude. Be polite and cool when dealing with them.

But, of you cannot deal with such just resign to avoid being depressed.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
I am very much aware that human beings are always different in nature and character. We can never be the same no matter how much we do. We cannot try to change person as well, we can only try to influence them. So, I will make sure I influence him and not really change him.

As an employee, I will call him to let him realize his behavior. Most time, we, human are always blind to our weaknesses. So I will let him realize what he's doing that is bad. If he admits it, I may sit him down to change his behavior. And if not, I won't do much than to go to the next step.

I will make sure I isolate him. I will give him an office alone. People tend to get arrogant when they encounter people. I will give the roles that he will hardly been seeing people. I just want to know how he will be getting arrogant when he's not seeing whom to be angry with.

If he continues and it is affecting my business, I may not have any other options than to just leave him by sacking him. I won't let his behavior chases customers away.