How to Become and Make Money as an Electronic Engineer

Jasz

VIP Contributor
Electronic engineers design, develop, test and supervise the manufacturing of electronic equipment. It's a great career, but you'll have to find answers to your questions about electronics engineering careers: How do I become an electronic engineer? What are the best electronic engineering schools? How much will I earn as an electronic engineer? You should find answers to these questions. They will get you started.

If you have the basic qualifications, i.e. electronics degree from a well-known university, one to two years of commercial experience, or published research papers in one of the prestigious IEEE journals, then you can start your career as an electrical engineer. To ensure that you are making use of your education, the prospective job employer would want some proof of the above skills during your job interview. Simply put, having this qualification is not enough; you also need to be able to demonstrate how it could add value to their business in a tangible way.

Electronics engineers work in a wide variety of industries, including hardware design and development, control systems, telecommunications and software. They are directly involved in the production of every product we interact with every day -- a cell phone, MP3 player or automobile, for example -- through research and design. Electrical engineers deal with basic physical phenomena such as current flow, voltage, resistance and power. Electronics engineering often requires intensive computer programming skills. Many careers in electronics depend on math skills and the ability to analyze information.

Having gotten the above mentioned requirements, you can work with any of these firms listed or you can mass produce your own products, you can help in rendering services related to repair and maintenance.

Last edited:

PICKFORD

Verified member
A lot of people go to school to become an electronic engineer this is actually a good career a good aspect or diversification of engineering that helps the existence of mankind today, in the country where I live to be precise Nigeria, a lot of people study electronic engineering although there are no jobs one best feature about this career or course is that even without a job you can earn money by working as a sole service provider, you can become an electrician as long as you fully know how to operate and carry out the job very well there are lot of home with broken appliances, broken gadgets, open kitchen utensils and equipment, some of which include televisions, washing machine, fridge, refrigerator, pressing iron, cell phones, computers, laptops, air conditioners, venturing your time and engine energy to become an engineer or any of the following gadget and appliances listed above is a good career opportunity. rather than staying idle in a country where government does not care about its citizens welfare. Also as an electronic engineer or an electrician if you know the job very well you can earn recognition buy public company holders who deal on electronical equipment you might be upgraded and possibly find a job