Play Video Games for Money - How to Become a Game Tester.

Ganibade

Verified member
If you enjoy video games and want to work as a game tester, this article will show you how to get started quickly. In 2011, the video game industry is expected to be worth US$44 billion. Every month, new games hit the shelves, and if you enjoy playing them, why not get paid to do so?

Game developers are willing to pay a premium for beta testers because buyers, like you and me, do not want our gaming experiences to be marred by glitches and the need to download patches on a regular basis. Thus, before a video game can be released, it must go through several testing phases in order to find and fix as many bugs as possible.

Video game testing is a highly competitive industry. It's one thing to time your application and get it in front of the right people; it's quite another to meet their criteria for a successful beta tester. You should have an eye for detail, be able to accurately document glitches and bugs, and have the patience to play a part of the game over and over again, submitting your reports on time and on schedule. How do you get your foot in the door, though?

If you enjoy playing video games, it is always a good idea to demonstrate your understanding of the game by demonstrating your skills. Multi-player online games, for example, will usually have a leader board that tracks your scores. You don't have to be the best, just good enough.

LarryParsons

I like this idea. I've been pretty obsessed with League of Legends. So, I can totally see how being a game tester could be an amazing gig.

JulietaRizas

Oh, and speaking of LoL, I came across this LoL MMR Checker recently. It's a nifty tool for understanding your matchmaking rating.
Getting your foot in the door as a game tester isn't a walk in the park, though. It's all about having a keen eye for detail, documenting those pesky glitches, and replaying sections of the game multiple times. But if you're truly passionate about gaming, it's a journey worth taking.