how to become a freelancer?

D

Deleted member 28873

A freelancer is a self-employed person who offers services, often working on several jobs for multiple clients at one time.But there are some simple secrets to becoming a successful freelancer which are1. Contact everyone you know.
2. Work on your personal brand.
3. Write a plan of action.
4. Do your research and pay attention to competition.
5. Get yourself a mentor—and your first client.
Using these steps—and a bit of determination could make you become a successful freelancer.contact every one you know in the sense that you make them know you are a freelancer in case they need a service you offering.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
I already thought a freelancer is limited to a writer alone. Maybe because that's what I have been used to when working on some publishing sites like Amazon and other sites that hired article writers. But with your explanation, it seems freelancer covers more than just a writer. Thanks for the article, I have learnt some stuff today.

Ekuvero

Been a freelancer is really one of the most easiest way from earning online with just offering your service online for a token, you services can be hired from sites like fiverr, upwork, freelancer.com Et al.

You could earn huge sums writing article's on Amazon and doing copywriting, though been a freelancer isn't easy cause you can't just be choosen for a task cause your reviews would be needed in ensuring how satisfactory is your job and how conducive is your job environment

IamDozzy

I already thought a freelancer is limited to a writer alone. Maybe because that's what I have been used to when working on some publishing sites like Amazon and other sites that hired article writers. But with your explanation, it seems freelancer covers more than just a writer. Thanks for the article, I have learnt some stuff today.
A freelancer isn't just limited to a writer. Anybody can be a freelancer as long as you are not permanently attached to an organization and you don't get the perks the full staff on the organization gets then you are a freelancer. A freelancer never stays with one organization, he/she can work for two competing organizations in a space of 3 months. A computer programmer can be a freelancer, an architect,designer,make up artist etc. They all can be freelancers.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
You are right and all your points are valid. Becoming a freelancer for me first is self discipline and determination. You need to tell yourself you just have to push yourself from your comfort zone and work very hard. Yes have a mentor but avoid laziness. One thing is knowing a thing another is putting it Into practice. Plan and execute them

Hina

If you’ve considered freelancing, you’re not alone. A recent study found that over one-third of workers are currently freelancing, an increase of 22%. Becoming a freelancer is a fast and affordable way to start earning an income from home. Especially if you freelance a skill you already have, you can get started offering your services today.

Lekhraj19

Verified member
I think in becoming a successful freelancer, you should have a good skill in your hand. The skills should be good enough to showcase when it comes to bidding for a task. But, there are a lot of fake proposals or tasks there too on the freelancing platforms so you should be aware of it. Never do this work who ask you for a lot of money, they are fake.