Has Education Become Useless

Mika

VIP Contributor
Education serves two main purposes: first, it helps you build knowledge and skills, and second, it provides you with resources that can be used to earn money. Well, education equips with knowledge and skills and helps you to get a job but despite having degree, education does not guarantee you a job. Just because you have a degree does not mean you can also get a job. Despite having a degree if someone remains unemployed, is it the fault of education? If an educated person is unable to get a job, whose fault is it the entire education system? Do you think education has failed to deliver its purpose?

Leah Kelvin

No, education is still not worthless. Education remains important for individual growth and career advancement by equipping us with awareness, abilities and proficiency required in different areas of life. Although there may be need for the transformation of traditional forms of education to match current trends and technological developments; this does not mean that its significance should decrease. Education enables people to make good choices, comprehend their environment better and communicate well with others. Nevertheless, one must opt for a suitable educational route while concentrating on acquiring useful skills applicable outside school too.

Etini

Valued Contributor
Education was not meant to give you a job. It was meant to develop your thinking capacity to be able to earn a living. If you as a person failed to imbibe those skills during your days in school, it is not the fault of education unless, of course, the education you were given has defects. I don't have a job as a graduate but I owe much of the things I have been able to do in entrepreneurship to the fact that I at least attended college.

saoussen5765

Valued Contributor
Education was not meant to give you a job. It was meant to develop your thinking capacity to be able to earn a living. If you as a person failed to imbibe those skills during your days in school, it is not the fault of education unless, of course, the education you were given has defects. I don't have a job as a graduate but I owe much of the things I have been able to do in entrepreneurship to the fact that I at least attended college.
In 99 % of the cases, you will work on something not your domain like a secretary for a lawyer or a doctor. In 1 % of cases, you will work on something on your domain. Hiring requirements all require experience which means it will be hard with 0 years experience to start working on your domain, how to find 5 years experience easily?

Tynch88

Education remains a crucial pillar of society, providing individuals with the knowledge, skills, and critical thinking abilities necessary to navigate the complexities of the world. But sometimes it is waste of time.

saoussen5765

Valued Contributor
Education remains a crucial pillar of society, providing individuals with the knowledge, skills, and critical thinking abilities necessary to navigate the complexities of the world. But sometimes it is waste of time.
It depends on the domain you are following at the university, some of them are no longer as before and don't bring new employment. Some of them are still promising. It depends if a lot of people follow this brand or not.

Fidelia1

Education is looking like it is a scam because most people just go to school to study courses that are not relevant in today's job marketplace. Who would employ you when such things that people studied in school is no longer relevant. Think of someone that went to college to study accounting. An organization now doesn't need more than a single accountant who would just manage the accounting software. In some cases, they don't even need it because they have individuals that understand the software enough to man it. And all those people that studied Accounting would now say school is a scam.

King bell

VIP Contributor
Education is still important because it gives people knowledge and skills needed for success in different areas; it also helps them grow as individuals, provides career chances, supports upward social mobility, allows applying knowledge to solve real life problems, and offers self-improvement through mental development. Although there might be different views about what constitutes an education or how best to achieve one’s goals through learning experiences – these should not be dismissed lightly since they can serve as foundations upon which other forms of personal or communal growth may flourish while serving as catalysts towards innovation and positive transformation at large.