How to Ask Your Overall Manager for a Managerial Role

Jasz

VIP Contributor
Well, you could address him through a later, provided you have been up and doing at work. You can start this way:

"Dear Manager, I am addressing you through this medium because I would like to request for a managerial role in your firm. I have been working for the past year as a [position] at [company], and I have enjoyed every minute of it. However, I feel that now is the time for me to take on more responsibility and accountability within the company.

I believe that I have the skills necessary to be an effective manager. I am confident that my experience has prepared me well for this role, as it has given me a solid foundation of skills that are crucial to being a good leader, including but not limited to:

-Excellent communication skills

-Ability to work under pressure

-Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously

In addition to these core competencies, my experience working with [company] has given me knowledge of the industry and how it works. This will allow me to hit the ground running as soon as I am promoted into this new role.

Holicent

VIP Contributor
Good one! That's if you are writing to him. However, if ou've been working hard at your current job, and you've noticed that your overall manager is noticing. You want to ask him if he'd be willing to consider you for a managerial role in the future. You can also do it this way:

1. Make sure you're ready for more responsibility and accountability. If not, then this isn't the right time to ask for a promotion.

2. Discuss with him what kind of person would be good as a manager at his company, and how your skills could help fulfill those needs.

3. Give examples of times when you've demonstrated those qualities in your work, and then follow up by saying why it's important that they hire someone like this now (e.g., because the company is growing so fast).