How to ask for higher pay at work

Augusta

VIP Contributor
Are you due for a pay rise then you need to ask for if its naturally coming your way. The CEO might have forgotten or isn’t willing to do the right thing. So you have to carry the task of asking or reminding them.

• You should start by reminding the HR department if any, that you are due
  • Be sure you have completed all that has been demanded in your employment letter
  • If you are not due but still need a pay rise as you are effective with your job, you can politely discuss it with your Boss
  • Ask for amount that is reasonable not try to be greedy and thwart the opportunity of getting a pay rise
Add yours?

I think you should ask for a raise in pay if you have spent a significant amount of time in the company and if you have been performing fine for a really long time. The inflation rate in the world is growing a lot and a raise in the pay is necessary in order to survive.

If you ask for higher pay at work you simply find yourself kicked from work because employer has a specific budget to pay to his employees and most of them are happy with the fixed salary given rather than unemployment. Additionnally, find a job becomes hard these days that is why employees even money doesn't supply all of their needs continue working.

Most employers do not like a worker to ask for increment of salary,they believe it is their duty to know when the worker is due for increment which is very wrong.they don't consider the welfare of workers,they only want to get more profit from their business.As a worker you can put in your very best till your boss appreciate your efforts.

Though it's very good to ask for your benefit at work. Some times when you ask you Boss or HR they will be looking at you that you have gotten another work some where that's why you are threaten them.
I belive any organization that is good enough must know that they need to promote their workers.

I think you should ask for a raise in pay if you have spent a significant amount of time in the company and if you have been performing fine for a really long time. The inflation rate in the world is growing a lot and a raise in the pay is necessary in order to survive.
Definitely, I believe sometimes the employers should be proactive about this and find a way to raise the pay of employees even without them asking especially for those that they believe they desire s psy rise. But if not employees shouldn't hesitate to ask for a pay rise to survive better. It's their right.

If you ask for higher pay at work you simply find yourself kicked from work because employer has a specific budget to pay to his employees and most of them are happy with the fixed salary given rather than unemployment. Additionnally, find a job becomes hard these days that is why employees even money doesn't supply all of their needs continue working.
Well, this is a sad one if an employer should use this strategy on faithful workers. This is so wrong and those in the labor authority should fight this and make the employees feel good working than being a slave to one that sees himself as a demigod. Employers everywhere should do better

Though it's very good to ask for your benefit at work. Some times when you ask you Boss or HR they will be looking at you that you have gotten another work some where that's why you are threaten them.
I belive any organization that is good enough must know that they need to promote their workers.
This is my stsnce to the other poster, the company itself should know when to stop the slave master ideology of treating workers unfairly. We are all humans and deserve our pay as such we need to do better as humans. If a worker is due for a pay rise then that should happen without any forceful situation

Are you due for a pay rise then you need to ask for if its naturally coming your way. The CEO might have forgotten or isn’t willing to do the right thing. So you have to carry the task of asking or reminding them.

• You should start by reminding the HR department if any, that you are due
  • Be sure you have completed all that has been demanded in your employment letter
  • If you are not due but still need a pay rise as you are effective with your job, you can politely discuss it with your Boss
  • Ask for amount that is reasonable not try to be greedy and thwart the opportunity of getting a pay rise
Add yours?
I think you should ask for higher pay at work if you are a hard-working and honest employer.Then you should find the courage and ask for it.You deserve it.

I think you should ask for higher pay at work if you are a hard-working and honest employer.Then you should find the courage and ask for it.You deserve it.
Definitely, when you have put in work and deserve a pay rise you need to be upgraded buy it it isn't forth coming then you should meet with your Boss. Some bosses sometimes pretend as if they have forgettten you need to remind them. Work become easier and sweeter with good pay

If you have been delivering good performance for a while and if your performance has helped the company to make more revenue, you are entitled for salary rise. You can talk to your boss about the higher pay. You need to be polite on this though. If they don't raise your salary, you deserve better.

If you have been delivering good performance for a while and if your performance has helped the company to make more revenue, you are entitled for salary rise. You can talk to your boss about the higher pay. You need to be polite on this though. If they don't raise your salary, you deserve better.
Your last statement is apt, it doesn't need one being rude about the request for a higher pay. When once you know you have kept to your own part of the bargain and you are due for a higher pay, you just need to politely meet with the HR department of the boss

When I was working in a company, I did not have to ask for higher pay, our boss used to give a 10 percent salary increment every year, we were also given a 10 percent bonus. However, not everyone can be fortunate like us, and a lot of people have a clingy boss. If you are not paid well, you will have to resign and look for jobs elsewhere.