How to adopt the habit of saving at an old age

Carpon

Valued Contributor
Some people say that the need for saving greatly reduces when someone goes of age. But I will argue that because indeed, saving has impacts and benefits that do not end unless the life of a person ends and that does not mean the impact of saving ends entirely. It only ends for him personally but it's impact will be felt by his kins and people around him.

These points will be helpful to anyone who thinks he's late and can't begin saving or doesn't know how to go about it.

• First is to recognise the benefits of saving. Saving has been of benefit to people's finance and kept so many out of trouble. Know all these and more.

• Next is to determine to begin saving so as to also benefit from the manifold benefits that saving has.

• You may also need to get guidance on how best to save and save as a habit.

Rubz

Well, i don't totally agree with you. I also believe that an old person doesn't need to stress his or her self with saving. That's why he or she saved during his or her youth. It"s true that the impact of an old person saving will be felt by his or her kin and the people around him or her,but the kin or people around them are not supposed to be expecting any money from them. The kin or people around them are even supposed to take care of them. Anyways, i'm not against the idea of an old person saving. If he or she wants to save money, then he or she should do so.

Yusra3

VIP Contributor
It's never too late to start saving.

In order to be a good saver, you have to have the right mindset. And the first thing you have to do is get rid of all your misconceptions about saving money. You might think that saving is something only people with high incomes do, but if you lived in another country and had a lower income, then maybe saving would be something you'd want to do.

There are lots of ways you can save money while living paycheck-to-paycheck, but one way that doesn't require much effort is by making sure that your monthly expenses don't exceed what they're supposed to be. If your rent or mortgage payment is more than 25% of your take-home pay every month, it's time for a change! Try looking for apartments or houses that are cheaper than what you're paying now. you might be surprised at how much money you can save this way! And if there's no way around it? Then maybe look into getting on a tighter budget so that this month doesn't go over budget again.